J.P. Morgan's Corporate &Investment Bank is a global leader across banking,markets and investor services. The world's most important corpora...
J.P. Morgan's Corporate &Investment Bank is a global leader across banking,markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations,governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100countries. With over $25 trillion of assets under custody and $470 billion indeposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raisescapital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments (WP) is one of the world's largest, most trusted and innovative full-serviceproviders of domestic and international cash management, liquidity, commercialcard, FX, escrow solutions and merchant services. With more than 135,000corporations, financial institutions, public sector agencies and non-governmentclients in over 180 countries across the globe, we offer specialized solutionsthat provide operating efficiencies and value beyond other standardizedsolutions available in the market. Our global product and technology platform,integrated client service model and network of operational centers enable WP todeliver a consistent set of services to clients no matter where they are acrossthe world.
J.P. Morgan Wholesale Payments Liquidity& Escrow Services provides advanced solutions forclients to manage their global operating liquidity. Our product setoperates globally in real-time to support our most complex clients as theymanage their liquidity across legal entities, geographies, currencies, andtime-zones.
The landscape of liquidity, account,and escrow services is rapidly changing, impacted by new technologies, FinTechentrants, and new use cases. Our clientdemands are growing as new payment types emerge, cash flows become 24x7 and newtechnologies become globally available. At the same time market demands are rapidly changing and evolving. Large corporations, non-bank financialinstitutions, governments, and bank clients are all evolving their own clientrelationships with increased direct selling, alternative payment channels,broader currency reach, tokenized cash, wallets etc. These changes must be aligned in context witha highly complex legal, regulatory, technological, market, and tax environmentsgoverning J.P. Morgan. Integrating these new disruptive technologies into ourenvironment successfully will be key to our continued growth and increasedrelevance in the markets we serve.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Liquidity & Escrow Services Business Development Vice President role will help to flesh out and articulate business or product opportunities arisingfrom product/industry gaps, customer needs and regulatory and/or technologydevelopments. They will also be responsible for partnering with JPM technology,legal, compliance, tax, operations, and treasury and client coverage teams to commercializenew business opportunities and drive revenue.
Background and Skill Requirements:
- Develop rich understanding of the JPM WholesaleLiquidity & Escrow product suite, including drivers of revenue,capabilities relative to industry/customer needs and current business priorities
- Articulate & flesh out novel ideas that cantransform the business and enhance client relationships & compliment the broaderbusiness strategy; Research & critique external offerings by traditionaland non-traditional players
- Assess the operational and commercial viabilityof promising ideas - in particular developing commercially sound use cases andbusiness economics
- Structure new products and services throughcreative usage of pricing, customer integration/interaction models (e.g.API's), existing Wholesale Payments capabilities, emerging technologies (e.g.Blockchain) and enhancements to core technology capabilities
- Partner with JPM legal, tax, compliance andtreasury professionals to identify regulatory/funding constraints and validatenew product concepts
- Champion the approval of new products andservices though JPM's New Products/Business approval processes
- Project manage the delivery of specificprograms and capabilities
- Bachelor's degree with up to 5-7 years of professionalexperience
- Strong analytical mindset with very strongattention to detail
- Creative & curious thinker who is appreciativeabout 'non-traditional' solutions to meet business/customer needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills,including ability to combine multiple complex ideas into coherent written end-products
- Team player with ability to develop strongrelationships across functions and seniority levels in a large matrixorganization
- Experience in working on complex projects and/ornew product launches in a large financial services organization; Strongorganization and project management skills
- Ability to travel
- Experience/Knowledge of one or more of the following:
- Core transaction banking services coveringwholesale clients
- Financial regulations affecting liquidityand/or transaction banking services
- Interest rate and money markets businesses
- Corporate or Bank Treasury, Liability/Liquidityplanning and /or ALM