What You'll Do
Your role requires experienced knowledge of TCP/UDP networking technologies and Linux server administration. A good working ...
What You'll Do
Your role requires experienced knowledge of TCP/UDP networking technologies and Linux server administration. A good working knowledge of VoIP communication protocols is also required. Hands-on experience with BroadWorks software applications, and/or other VoIP networking gear administration is preferred. Tangible experience with AWS or GCP public cloud technologies would be considered a plus. Software developments skills (Java, PERL, etc.) would also be considered a plus.
You will be expected to lead and assist with complex problem resolution and troubleshooting activities. Responsibilities also include providing oversight, monitoring, and maintenance of Linux servers, various software applications, several database technologies, and a variety of network components. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with the global BroadCloud team. BroadCloud offers a fully led, scalable SaaS model that enables customers to quickly and cost-efficiently deploy BroadSoft Business (our integrated suite of communication and collaboration services) to their business customers.
Who You Are
You will be responsible for the maintenance of BroadCloud servers to meet and exceed operational SLAs for all services and experience with BroadWorks applications, and VoIP networking gear (such as SBC). You have a minimum of 3+ years experience in a 24 7 high-availability production environment and in-depth understanding of IP networking protocols (TCP/UDP, DNS, HTTP, VoIP, SSL, etc.), demonstrable, expert troubleshooting techniques and demonstrable, expert Linux system administration & networking skills.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
Excellent organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills
- A background in automating the management of a data center environment
- Establishes process and procedures for providing 24x7x365 monitoring of service availability.
- Works closely with engineering teams to create services that are maintainable, available and easily upgradable
- Defines operational processes for engineering handoff to operations of new products
- Defines operational processes for production upgrades and patching.
- Responsible for working with engineering to manage technical issues/escalations on network elements
- Participate in technical reviews, validation efforts, and acceptance meetings of all new products delivered to Operations.
- Experience in monitoring, metrics collection, and reporting using open source tools.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare (and/or AWS and GCP public cloud)
Skills, knowledge & attributes:
- A B.S. degree in engineering or equivalent experience required
- A thorough background check and references will be required.
Strong quantitative and analytical aptitude, with extensive knowledge and experience in data analysis and system solutions. Able to present, organize, and convey complex problems or issues within and across other functions.
Self motivated, self discipline, creative and determined to reach goals and objectives with minimal management intervention and control. Ability to work both independently, and as part of a team in the completion of important projects and major initiatives.
Sound judgment, couple with strong decision-making skills. Highly organized with excellent follow-through.
Strong written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to build relationships.
Demonstrable, strong customer-service attitude.Experience:
Cisco Equal Opportunity
- 3 -5 years of experience managing large data applications.
- Ability to work multiple projects concurrently within established timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and embrace new and changing technologies, applications, and solutions.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take the difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice