You will be joining one of the fastest growing software companies in St. Louis and will be transforming the lives of cr...
You will be joining one of the fastest growing software companies in St. Louis and will be transforming the lives of creators such as florists and caterers with tools that have never been available in the market.
Here are our core company principles: We are always measurably growing, radically transparent, absolutely positive and empathetic.
Curate is looking for a Development Manager to play a key role in rebuilding our SAAS application in a serverless architecture. In this position you will be a reporting to the CTO and working with fellow dev managers and solution architects to support your team as we rebuild our web application on the AWS platform.
We are looking for a driven individual who understands leadership is a position of service, not of control. You will be responsible for the success of an Agile development team working within a SCRUM model. Your job will be dynamic and ever changing. In the morning you may be conducting one-on-ones and providing coaching, and that afternoon you may be designing a new database schema or data migration plan to solve the hurdles of an upcoming feature request. You may also be asked to triage a bug or two.
You will be working with the product team to scope and break down requests into stories to be included in upcoming sprints. You will be working with the technology leadership to define technical solutions for new features, plans to break apart our monolith application into microservices, and processes to ensure our teams operate efficiently. All with the goal of delivering a scalable and stable application to our end users.
Does this sound like a challenge you have successfully tackled before? Looking to make an impact and build an all-star team and product? We would love to hear from you!
- Coach and guide your team members in their professional journey through the use of goals and metrics.
- Enable your team to deliver features and enhancements in a timely manner.
- Establish and enforce best practices, policies, and procedures within the development department.
- Act as scrum-master - leading standups, retrospectives, and other ceremonies.
- Provide technical input on system design and improvements.
- Conduct production deployments of new features and bug fixes.
- Triage new bug reports.
- Keep up on latest industry trends and tools.
- Conduct Interviews and participate in the hiring process of new development candidates.
- Ensure quality and scalability are baked into every aspect of the application
- Work directly with senior leadership in our growing organization.
- Build an innovative and quality product that enhances the lives of our customers.
- Be involved in product and development decision making.
Bonus Points For Experience With
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle problems and manage conflict.
- Ability to successfully focus on multiple concurrent complex technical projects and tasks.
- 4+ years of Agile Development Experience, ideally SCRUM
- Proven ability to lead team members through respect and constructive feedback.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to develop products from inception to completion.
- Experience with object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of web application architecture.
- Familiarity with AWS Services - specifically Lambda, AppSync, S3, SQS, and CloudFront
- Designing and scaling relational databases, MySQL preferred.
- DevOps or CI/CD
- Machine Learning
- Familiarity with UI/UX principles
- Serverless Framework
- Automated Integration Testing
- Unlimited PTO (Seriously, we reward you for taking days off)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Team Building Exercises
- Employee Stock Options