The Vice-President, Product Management - Analytics, Data Solutions and Services has overall responsibility for the leadership, ...
The Vice-President, Product Management - Analytics, Data Solutions and Services has overall responsibility for the leadership, strategy, and execution across a portfolio of solutions and services centered in leveraging data and analytics to transform healthcare and support physicians in the ambulatory market in delivering against healthcare reform and the quadruple aim. Company has a heritage of innovation and was the first to serve the ambulatory market with a healthcare IT practice management solution. The future of healthcare has data at its core and this role has leadership responsibility for this important, emerging area. The role includes PL responsibility for the company's Population Health offering, Care Coordination offering and interoperability offerings. It is responsible for evolving these solutions as well as introducing new ones to drive profitable growth, excellent, differentiated experiences and operational efficiency. This leader will be responsible for integrating artificial intelligence, machine learning and block chain technology into our solution offerings and capabilities.
This role is charged with building, mentoring, and leading a high-performing product management team that works hand in hand with the CTO/R&D organization to build, optimize and grow leading technology solutions. This role will set the vision and strategy for the organization, develop operating plans, and built the team, technology and processes to achieve those goals. The role leads the innovation council for the company and is part of the senior leadership team. The ideal candidate is a thought-leader, has depth of experience in leading the design, development and delivery of software solutions and has a passion for continuing to learn about, leverage and deploy leading technology. If you want to make a difference, there is no better time to be in healthcare. Come join us in our mission to fuel our customers' success through innovative offerings.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Sets strategy and direction and builds the three-year strategic plan and annual operating plan for data analytics solutions and services
- Acts as General Manager, managing P&L, and holding product managers accountable for performance of their product lines and leading cross-functional teams to deliver revenue, customer loyalty and profit
- Builds a high-performance team to drive successful achievement of business objectives which includes moving from a solution delivery organization to a product management leadership organization with PL and product management at the center of the table.
- This includes raising the bar of performance, introducing industry leading best-practices to the team, teaching Scaled Agile Frameworks, portfolio management, how to create solutions with artificial intelligence/machine learning and block chain technology, and take advantage of the network and offerings of Vista such as Innovation Labs
- Teaches and mentors product managers in core product management skills: development of value propositions, business cases, product roadmaps and business plans that address market conditions, customer expectations, competitor market placements, distribution channels, financial and administrative implications, implementation costs, and overall corporate strategy, to achieve corporate growth, retention and profit objectives
- Collaborates with business functions to develop market research, assess voice of the customer, enable sales, set pricing, enable customer success, retention and loyalty, reduce support costs, and improve implementation experience, training experience and drive profitability
- Core to this role is the timely introduction of innovative products and services that enable success in the ambulatory market with leading break-through experiences for the providers, the practice management team and the patients that we serve.
- Must stay abreast of the present trends and forecasts in the healthcare industry that affect the patient, provider, payer, consumer, and healthcare technology companies.Must keenly understand the competition and the emerging competitors
- Leads the innovation council for the organization and is the thought-leader and change agent for the integration of AI/ML, data analytics into the Company portfolio.This includes working with the technology team on architecture and strategy for data management, for hosting services, archiving services, interoperability, privacy, security and more
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in technical, science or economics/business area
- Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
- 18+ years of experience
- In-depth healthcare IT knowledge including 8 - 10 years of healthcare management experience
- 8-10 years of leadership responsibility and P/L experience required
- In depth software experience including AI/ML and understanding of blockchain, moving teams from waterfall to agile, building data science teams, developing leading user interfaces and customer experiences
- Clinical experience, degree in sciences/medical field a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and change management skills
- P/L, financial and business acumen, decision-making, business planning
- Execution and delivery skills including ensuring solution delivery process excellence
- Knowledge of healthcare industry, healthcare information management (HIM) principles, HL7, DICOM, HIPAA, IHE preferred
- Best practice working knowledge of SAFe and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of quality and regulatory and healthcare reform