Our Client is an enterprise software company that uses blockchain and AI to harmonize data across enterprise silos. The platform is a digita...
Our Client is an enterprise software company that uses blockchain and AI to harmonize data across enterprise silos. The platform is a digital operating framework that brings trust, context, and perspective to organizational data simplifying complex decisions at the speed of business. After five years of R&D, our Client has finalized product development and deployed its core product with anchor global clients.
The company's product ecosystem addresses one of the fastest growing problems leaders face maintaining their competitive edge while reckoning with fragmented information and evolving needs. The company's core innovation converges blockchain and AI to harmonize enterprise systems, data, and cross-organizational activities to produce decision-making analytics and tools for executives.
Our Client is looking for a Vice President of Engineering who has experience scaling an engineering team from 10 to 20 members, as well as experience overcoming the unique challenges of a high-growth startup.
VP of Engineering Required Skills
- Strong design skills coupled with systematic vision/thinking
- Experience building and designing enterprise grade, cloud-based systems
- Strong communication skills translating into the ability to actively participate in nuanced technical dialogue along with an ability to relate the platform/solution/challenge to a non-technical audience
- Experience with Elixir (or equivalent functional language such as Clojure, Prolog, or Haskell), React JS, GraphQL, SQL, Distributed Ledger or equivalent and surrounding technologies/frameworks. Understand the problems solved by the various pieces and the compromises that may result
- Comfortable and experienced managing within Agile/Scrum environment.
- Comfortable working and communicating with all levels of the organization, including senior executives and C-level business partners.
- Considerable experience designing, managing, and scaling distributed architectures
- Demonstrate and implement engineering best practices; implementation of structure, transparency, discipline
- Manage and grow a team of engineers, including task planning, execution, and code reviews
- Ability to assert strong opinions and make business-oriented decisions. Nuanced capacity to analyze tradeoffs to drive informed decisions
- Lead and manage local and remote teams
- Deep comprehension of business and product strategies along with goals and objectives. Champion Data Science and Engineering protocols to drive business goals
- Must have experience successfully working in cross-functional, diverse and fast paced environments within the tech industry
Minimum Experience Required
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years development team management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or technical discipline (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive Salary + incentive bonus
- Stock options & 401K Match
- Full health, vision, dental
- Paid time off and holidays
- Professional development/certification reimbursement
- Flexible scheduling with remote and work from home opportunities
- Ample opportunity for growth, advancement, and promotion
- provided by Dice