Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Want to do your best work ever? At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? Then join us at IBM where the best in the industry are passionate about the design of excellent experiences, enabling designers to further develop their skills, experience, and craft, and supporting IBM teams in delivering market-leading, human-centered products and services.
Visual designers communicate intent and meaning through visual experiences to incite understanding and action from people. They translate functions and information into emotionally compelling and desirable experiences.
Eligibility Requirements :
Please note candidates applying must be registered students in an undergraduate or graduate program in order to be eligible for the internship.
These are office based positions in IBM locations including the following. Opportunities in these locations will vary based on demand & will be deleted as filled: CA - San Jose,
GA - Brookhaven,
MA - Andover, MA - Boston and
TX - Austin
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Interpreting research insights and building understanding of the subject matter to design for user and market resonance
* Designing visual experiences that unify and exemplify the convergence of user/market insights and IBM brand/design language
* Translating structural information into visual forms that make information compelling, easier to understand, and actionable
* Communicating through nuanced use of color, tone, layout, composition, imagery, typography, interactions, and motion
* Unifying all visual elements as part of one experience and one IBM brand philosophy to tell a consistent and compelling narrative
* Designing for accessibility
* Making ideas come to life through imagery and visual representations of concepts at various levels of fidelity
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills
* Attention to detail in the language and relationships of design elements in the experience
* Proficiency with tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Bohemian Sketch, and prototyping tools
* Familiarity with design systems
* Degree in Graphic/Visual Design, Communication Design, Motion Design, or related field
* Part of IBM's mission is to help those without advanced degrees achieve employment in the IT industry. While a high school diploma is a minimum requirement for employment at our company, equivalent experience will substitute for formal education. Please visit our 2020 Corporate Responsibility Report for more information on this important initiative:
Learn more about gaining and growing your T-shaped skills with this insightful article from one of our talented designers: