Paysafe Limited ("Paysafe") (NYSE:PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading specialized payments platform. Its core purpose is to enable b...
Paysafe Limited ("Paysafe") (NYSE:PSFE) (PSFE.WS) is a leading specialized payments platform. Its core purpose is to enable businesses and consumers to connect and transact seamlessly through industry-leading capabilities in payment processing, digital wallet, and online cash solutions. With over 20 years of online payment experience, an annualized transactional volume of US $92 billion in 2020, and approximately 3,400 employees located in 12+ global locations, Paysafe connects businesses and consumers across 70 payment types in over 40 currencies around the world. Delivered through an integrated platform, Paysafe solutions are geared toward mobile-initiated transactions, real-time analytics and the convergence between brick-and-mortar and online payments. Further information is available at
Are you ready to make an impact? Join our team that is inspired by a unified vision and propelled by passion.
Paysafe is widely recognized as a leading global provider of payment solutions for businesses and consumers. Experienced and trusted as both a partner and solutions provider, Paysafe is well positioned to capitalize on the wave of new technologies entering the payments space and focused on accelerated growth.
To help us fuel accelerated growth, we are looking for an experienced Virtual Currency Compliance Officer
The responsibilities of the Virtual Currency Compliance Officer role primarily include enterprise program and policy development for the US virtual currency business at Skrill USA. This position will develop strategies for compliance risk management and design and implement internal controls, policies, procedures, and training to assure compliance with applicable laws, corporate standards and third-party guidelines. This positions also oversees, the company's virtual currency risk assessment process.
The responsibilities of this position primarily include leading regional AML/CFT/Fraud compliance efforts in a highly regulated financial services environment through the following activities:
* Program development in all aspects of digital assets transfers (including bitcoin, ether, and security tokens) from a compliance and AML/CTF perspective
* Support for product development and key regulatory projects mainly related to digital assets
* Develop third party due diligence programs for partners and merchants in the US in this vertical
* Regulatory outreach, industry outreach & examination support. Provide industry expertise and training to internal teams
* Works cross-functionally with Operations, Product, Legal and other stakeholders to provide expertise and assess and mitigate risks associated with existing products and potential new products in the virtual currency space
* Implementation, and execution of AML and CFT programs for virtual currency business models for Skrill's digital wallet company by employing current industry best practices, regulatory guidance, and requirements
* Ensure that appropriate regulatory policies, procedures, and controls are established, maintained and well-documented
* Work with Regulatory team to coordinate all communications with regulators in the examination process, the product approval process, and the licensing process (as applicable) on an ongoing basis
* Stay abreast of changes to state and federal virtual currency regulations and ensure that teams are kept up to date on implications these changes may have on current products and services and reporting obligations
* Support Monitoring and Investigations unit to provide a framework for training, program, policies and procedures, and tools as it relates to virtual currency monitoring
* Manage risks by analyzing the root cause of issues and impacts to business
* Develop and deliver training and communications on compliance policies and procedures to ensure proper understanding across the organization of regulatory related risks and responsibilities
* Virtual currency related risk assessments and updates to the compliance program
* Prepare management reporting that includes insights and analysis based on industry-leading knowledge of financial crime topics
What you need to have:
* A minimum 7-10 years' experience as a compliance professional
* An IT background (such as a Degree in Information Systems) is an asset
* 3 years of experience in the financial industry in a crypto/blockchain compliance role
* Ability to demonstrate a very good understanding of end-to-end blockchain technology processes including the flow of funds
* Comfort with ambiguity - capable of solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment
* Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrix organization and develop partnerships with multiple business and functional areas
* Must possess the technical know-how, commercial awareness and analytical skills coupled with an understanding of risk/reward dynamics
* Demonstrated ability to uncover root causes and key risk trends from a wide variety of data sources and create detailed actions list to improve Fraud and AML risk management function and operational efficiencies
* Demonstrated ability to keep aware of and anticipate-important activities and trends that could potentially lead and shape the enterprise's risk response
* Proficient in English, Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* CAMS, CFE, or equivalent certification is preferred
Our culture values humility, high trust & autonomy, a desire for excellence and meeting commitments, strong team cohesion, a sense of urgency, a desire to learn, pragmatically pushing boundaries, and accomplishing goals that have a direct business impact. We encourage you to apply even if your experience does not exactly align as we value diverse thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Paysafe provides equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type with regard to ethnicity, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other protected characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of recruitment and employment. If you need any reasonable adjustments, please let us know. We will be happy to help and look forward to hearing from you.