Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commer...
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world's fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless??. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Global COE Government Innovation Leader
* Mastercard is dedicated to promoting inclusive growth, including through financial inclusion. The mandate of the global Government Center of Excellence is to help the company build durable, trusted relationships with government agencies that accelerate the transition to cashless while sustaining economic growth, supporting infrastructure digitization and fostering financial inclusion. We do this by building, codifying and scaling innovative approaches to government partnership that demonstrate Mastercard's ability to bring about permanent, transformative changes. We engage government both as a client and as a market maker, and in the process we build lines of sight into new revenues, while seeding new markets.
* The global Government Center of Excellence directly and indirectly helps government clients across developed and emerging markets solve their practical, everyday barriers to success. Our team is made of deep experts in both government and Mastercard solutions, of thought leaders and of deal closers. We apply our digital tools, business insights, last mile solutions and market organizing skills to support client success. We have a good idea what works. But we also have a passion for learning, exploring new capabilities, and applying the best methodologies and insights to the government business.
* This role is at the heart of our intent to drive brand value, innovation and to scale our business.
* The Global Center of Excellence lead is accountable for:
* Expertise: We develop a deep understanding of all Mastercard products, services, solutions, investments, assets and initiatives that are relevant to government. We bring that expertise to bear by helping regional teams serve as expert sales and SME on key business opportunities - and look for ways to inform new government product development and bundles.
* Consistency: We provide a coherent approach to what Mastercard does in the government space, and how we do it. Partnering across the Strategic Growth business units and other parts of the company, we are accountable for the development of government engagement playbooks comprising of 3rd party market research, competitive intelligence, government narratives, thought leadership, stakeholder maps, business model methodologies, client references, best practices and other Mastercard solution toolkits.
* Scaling: We deploy the playbook and our expertise through trainings and communities of practice run by the Regional Government Engagement teams. We oversee the creation of training programs and of their curricula. We partner with Strategic Growth and other Mastercard business units to ensure content quality and consistency. Through coordinated global thought leadership efforts, we provide lead generation opportunities for our Regional Government Engagement teams.
* Flagship engagements: We partner with Regional Government Engagement teams to select and directly engage on strategic opportunities with national government agencies, including through a Digital Country Plan approach. We take accountability for the development of Mastercard and client business models, the alignment of global cross-functional resources, the building of client pursuit teams, the direct engagement of senior government executives, the support in winning commercial deals and the assistance with solutions deployment. These flagship engagements are then used to demonstrate the viability of our ecosystem approach, so they can be scaled in new markets at the regional level.
* This position reports directly to the Senior Vice President, Global Center of Excellence at Mastercard. Location is flexible.
* Act as the global vertical government expert on processes, governance and operating models:
oDevelop a deep understanding of government in/out flows
oDevelop a coherent, overarching narrative and thought leadership that is relevant to government
oAccountable for competitive intelligence. Leverages on own and 3rd party research to understand and articulate government wants & needs by mayor segments, help regional teams connect them to business opportunities
oBuild and scale expertise related to government procurement
* Develop and scale vertical expertise on Public Finance Management (disbursements, collections, procurement, travel), Economic Development (data & analytics), and Ecosystem Design & Development. Build and coordinate a global expert virtual team in the above areas, recruiting both at global and regional level
* Architect, build and test innovative government business models focused on co-creation and co-monetization. Develops globally relevant points of view and provides foresight to the company on new technology opportunities such as Digital Identity, Artificial Intelligence, IoT, digital currencies and Blockchain
* Directly interact with lighthouse government clients, in partnership with the Regional Engagement teams, to drive disruptive innovation
* Coach and advise regional Mastercard leadership on how to engage senior government leaders
* Drive client engagement and narrative consistency across all regions and segments
All About You
* A recognized government expert with deep strategic and operational expertise. Preferably coming from government
* Recognized as a thought leader in the government technology space, with specific focus on public finance management, financial inclusion and digital innovation
* Experience working for or with government agencies, managing process improvement and transformative change initiatives, as well as proven experience in engaging very senior government leaders to build durable relations
* Adept at interacting with senior corporate stakeholders in terms of engagement, communication and transparency of purpose. Can skillfully lead complex corporate initiatives that require collaboration across functional, geographical and cultural lines
* Executive influence focused, with deep government processes and governance expertise, preferably at central/federal government level
* Proven track in leading large and complex government innovation programs
* Demonstrated ability to work across business units and regional boundaries, at global level
* Self-motivated, thrives in a fast-paced environment; readiness to take-on stretch goals and to deal with uncertainty, while taking strategic decisions through incomplete information
* Strong gravitas, exceptional relationship management, influencing and communication skills
* Undergraduate degree required. MBA or graduate degree preferred
* English fluency is required. At least one other language a strong plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.