We are an exciting start-up company founded by proven leaders with repeated success in the technology space. Our newest comp...
We are an exciting start-up company founded by proven leaders with repeated success in the technology space. Our newest company is developing a cryptocurrency platform based on an open-source third generation blockchain that we're creating. Our goal is to set a new standard in security and protection for our end users and community.
We're looking for a Vice President of Engineering who is passionate about building and delivering critical services and products. You'll be a seasoned, driven and passionate engineering software architect with a proven track record of leading and transforming complex cloud services, products and technology portfolios. You'll be leading the architecture software development and engineering technical strategy for a highly visible, strategic and significant set of services and products with a global reach, creating a platform that will be setting the standard in terms of blockchain exchanges with exceptional user experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop systems and component architectures and APIs that meet the test of time within emerging technologies. You'll be articulating and evangelizing architectural principles reciprocally with engineering teams that ensure the system components fit and last and align with our company vision and focus on our growth of community.
- Lead a team or architects to define, develop, maintain and communicate the technology and platform strategy to all levels including board members, the senior executive team and external stakeholders such as our community of users and developers.
- Lead, inspire and work with the engineering teams to provide continuous architecture and design mentorship/leadership and be a source of support that ensures successful product delivery and operational excellence in product.
- Collaborate with key partners such as developers, development managers, product and program management and senior technical and business executives to drive the architecture strategy.
- Resolve approaches for new areas by quickly investigating the state of the art and available technologies.
- Champion a culture of innovation in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security and reliability.
- Establish relationships with key architects across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural standard methodologies.
- Lead and support a team to design, build and operate an uncommon data platform.
- Focus and lead production in a fast-paced continuous agile development environment, delivering high quality product pushes that set the standard within our industry and end user expectations.
- A PhD in Computer Science is highly desirable, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from a major top institution is required. An MBA would be highly desirable.
- At least 10 years experience in a senior architect position is required.
- Experience managing and leading teams across geographies and remote studios is required.
- Exceptional technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data management, query processing, distributed processing, high availability, statistical and machine learning and operational excellence of production systems required.
- At least 5 years experience in systems design and development, including core systems and enterprise-wide applications used in financial/fintech space as well as online applications and web-based systems, blockchain technologies preferred.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, including ability to effectively communicate architectural issues and concepts to technical and non-technical people at multiple organization levels, required.
- Experience in payments or related industry is a plus.
- Committed to the highest levels of integrity, ethics and professionalism.
Key Traits We're Looking For
- Software development
- Competitive Salary
- Awesome bonus
- 20 days annual leave
- 8 days personal leave
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) and FSA
- Free shuttles between Caltrain Menlo Park and office
- Gym on site, accessible 24/7
- Located on corner of Marsh Road and 101, by the Dumbarton Bridge exit.
- Loads more!
- provided by Dice Agile, Engineering, Finance, Management, Software development, Transactions, Payments