Internal Audit department is the third line of defense, independently assessing first and second line manageme...
Internal Audit department is the third line of defense, independently assessing first and second line management's effectiveness in identifying, measuring, monitoring and controlling the risks of the Bank.
This role is Vice President - Audit Manager and will report directly into the Audit Director within Internal Audit. The position will focus on the Transaction Banking business line which provides clients with treasury management, transactional trade finance, trust and custody services, and asset servicing solutions. Additionally, this role offers opportunities to work in other business lines, e.g., Wholesale Banking, Investment Banking and Markets.
- Lead audit engagements covering Transaction Banking functions including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Effectively manage team members during audit engagements including performing timely reviews and providing constructive feedback.
- Will be accountable for meeting deliverables timely, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement while adding value.
- Proactive coordination/interaction with the Corporate Function, Compliance and Technology Audit teams.
- Be prepared to travel to locations domestically (20%).
- Minimum of 8-10 years of internal/external auditing experience or related experience (e.g., Risk, Compliance, Legal), preferably within a financial services/ fintech environment.
- Product knowledge and experience with Transaction Banking products (Corporate Trust & Global/Domestic Custody, Trade Finance, Commercial Cards, Payment and Deposit systems), blockchain technology, big data, machine learning and digital assets and payment platforms.
- Strong knowledge and experience with U.S. banking regulations and any legislative changes that are likely to impact our industry.
- BS/BA required; Professional certification (e.g. CIA, CPA, and CFA) or willingness to pursue required.
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and desire to learn quickly, being agile and nimble while thinking strategically. Ability to lead audits and manage participating team members.
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.