Within M12 (Microsoft's early-stage investment arm), we are currently building out the team that manages venture capital relationships for M...
Within M12 (Microsoft's early-stage investment arm), we are currently building out the team that manages venture capital relationships for Microsoft. This team's mission is to make VCs our strongest advocates in the Silicon Valley startup community and drive powerful market signal back to senior leadership in Redmond. In this role, as a VC Partnership Manager, you will bring a set of existing relationships and cultivate new ones to increase Microsoft's relevancy and credibility with the industry's most influential investors. And you'll accomplish this by developing a deep understanding of their portfolio company needs and aligning them to Microsoft's strategic, technical and partner priorities.
* Our ideal candidate has 5+ years of directly related experience, including startup or direct VC investing and/or operational experience.
* You may have worked in a BD or product or innovation role.
* You share our team's work values of collaboration, being focused and agile, and timely execution.
* Comfortable being an individual contributor while partnering w/ others on shared goals.
* Other skills and experience needed to be successful in this role:
* Deep understanding of the competitive landscape in both enterprise and consumer technology
* Ability to lead, influence and deliver results in a complex technical and business environment
* Ability to evaluate founders, markets and technologies
* Ability to communicate and influence all levels from senior executives on down and all functions (such as engineering, marketing, sales, services, finance and legal)
* Strong network with leading VCs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Core responsibilities include:
* Building and strengthening relationships with the world's top VCs in a way that accrues value back to Microsoft
* Being first-line communication with top tier VC portfolios and clearly understanding their investment strategies
* Being subject matter expert in industry trends including competitive and market dynamics, product and technology trends, and startup fundraising
* Driving senior Microsoft executive engagement with Silicon Valley VC thought leaders
* Influencing Microsoft cloud and productivity adoption/usage among top tier startups, including driving top of funnel for Microsoft for Startups programs
* In addition to the above, other responsibilities include:
* Providing thought leadership based on gathered VC/startup intelligence
* Partnering with internal stakeholders to develop and execute Microsoft's startup partner strategy in emerging sectors such as AI/ML, IoT, and Blockchain
* Researching/evaluating/identifying opportunities for M12 and business & corporate development
* Producing regular startup insights/trends reports
* Building and managing cross-functional relationships with key internal stakeholders such as Senior Leadership Team, Product/Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams
* Building and managing relationships with customers, partners and industry thought leaders