We're building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people, instead of treating people like a product....
We're building for a future where the internet and world economy empowers people, instead of treating people like a product. Where our interactions are based on consent, privacy, and people freely associating with one another. Where communities can flourish and individuals can pursue their dreams. To accomplish that, we're working hard to make web3 more accessible for everyone.
MetaMask is both a blockchain wallet and a gateway to the entire decentralized web. Our tools help people create communities, play video games, access financial services, make payments, invest in assets, survive from economic turmoil, and more use cases than we can even predict. We exist across multiple platforms (browser extension and mobile), and we serve the whole decentralized ecosystem.
We are looking for our next teammate, a UX Researcher, to help us achieve our vision of democratizing access to decentralized web. We are in a stage of hypergrowth and in the next few years, we expect to onboard 100s of millions of people to the crypto ecosystem with MetaMask. This role is expected to have an impact on all strategic objectives of MetaMask - stability, security, accessibility, extensibility, leadership.
About the role
* Partner with Product Managers to help ensure that we are discovering and prioritizing the most important people problems.
* Influence and initiate the strategic initiatives of MetaMask.
* Conduct high-quality mixed-methods, generative and evaluative user research.
* Partner with the cross-functional team to help deliver useful, secure, usable, accessible and delightful solutions to people.
* Establish best practices and help embed UXR in the product development processes.
* Foster a culture of user-focused development at MetaMask
* Share insights on MetaMask and ecosystem users, such that it has far reaching impact for all ConsenSys products.
* Product research experience, in an end-to-end software development setting, including product discovery with on-going generative research, usability testing on designs and getting feedback on shipped product(s).
* Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross functional partners to drive impact.
* Experience with research design utilizing various methods including but not limited to interviews, usability studies, contextual inquiry, and surveys.
* Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
* Experience in conducting user research in remote settings.
* Experience or familiarity of blockchain products.
* Certification or degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Centered Design, Human Factors, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.