Chainalysis is the key voice in building trust in blockchains today, collaborating with the world's leading government agencies, cryptocurre...
Chainalysis is the key voice in building trust in blockchains today, collaborating with the world's leading government agencies, cryptocurrency exchanges, financial institutions, and cybersecurity companies in over 60 countries. Our data platform powers investigation, compliance, and risk management tools that have been used to solve some of the world's most high-profile cyber criminal cases and ensure global access to cryptocurrency safely.
Architects of delightful and feature-full experiences, the Product Design team strives to build products that are impactful, valuable, and easy to use. Our guiding principle is that we are user-obsessed, from initial research kickoff down to every last detail of the finishing touches. We appreciate designers and researchers that are intellectually curious, love cross-functional team collaboration, and are devoted to honing their craft. As a UX Researcher, we expect you to build a shared understanding around our users and inspire change through a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
In one year you'll know you were successful if…
* You lead critical research efforts and conduct complex, multi-phase studies that deepen our understanding of the user and our product strategy
* You actively shape how the org builds research as a core competency and actively work to push the boundaries of innovation and efficiency in your process
* You are excited to act as a strategic partner to our business leads, product managers, designers, and engineers to drive both long-term strategy and short-term tactics
* You both welcome and actively solicit feedback from cross-functional teams to build better work processes and cultivate your partnerships with others
* You prioritize research needs across multiple work streams, delivering actionable insights with the right fidelity and timing
* You tell powerful stories about your work to deepen Chainalysis's understanding of user needs and identify innovative opportunities for solutions
* You are comfortable with autonomy and actively provide mentorship to other designers and researchers within your team
* You inspire and are inspired by other designers and researchers to stoke a culture of candor, quality work, and growth
* You are devoted to excellence and continually raise the bar for quality across every design touchpoint in the organization
A background like this helps:
* Strong, proven track record of conducting complex research at scale using a variety of research methods, such as qualitative interviews, ethnographic field research, usability evaluation, and ideation sessions. Quantitative research methods are also an integral part of your toolkit
* Can lead, design, executive, and communicate impactful research in an agile, earlier stage product development process with an drive to scale the UX research team
* Desire to do hands-on research on an early-stage team
* Demonstrable portfolio or reports of past work that showcase excellent storytelling skills and a breakdown of your research planning, process, and decisions
* Values the importance of over-communication and detail-driven documentation, especially when collaborating with remote colleagues in different time zones
* Passion for asking the right questions and ability to leverage all available resources to formulate solutions to complex problems
* Entrepreneurial mindset and exceptionally proactive about guiding strategic thinking in a greenfield, innovative product space
Bonus points if you:
* Have extensive user research experience with B2B or enterprise, fintech, or cryptocurrency products
* Have led and built UX research teams in the past
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we're ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women's Day, Juneteenth, Harvey Milk Day, and International Migrant's Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, religion, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don't hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can't wait to meet you.
Applying from the EU? Please review our Candidate GDPR Notice.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.