Introduction Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Thank you for your interest.
This role is located ONSITE (after covid) New York, NY or Research Triangle Park, NC
There is no relocation provided.
No remote option (post covid).
The IBM CIO is searching for talented User Experience (UX) professionals to join our CIO Design team in providing IBMers with a great User Experience for our internal solutions. We drive excellence in employee solutions by successfully merging business and user goals, creating solutions that deliver intuitive user interfaces that increase adoption and drive business success.
We are a part of IBMs global Chief Information Office responsible for building applications and solving problems for IBM's 300,000 software sales and 20,000 Business Partners around the globe. Our vision is to become a world class delivery organization and deliver business value at speed. Our objective is to build a cloud based system to provide independent, stable, high data quality, high performance and scalable platform for IBM to sell software
In this role, you will be responsible for tasks associated with user research and design on both large and small scale solutions. As a practitioner, you will work closely with stakeholders, other talented design professionals, and others in a multidisciplinary team to design web and mobile solutions for the Global IBM user audience.
* Work with stakeholders and others independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team to define requirements and develop the solution, depending on the project
* Perform user research and observation of user tasks, integrating these findings with business requirements to transform the user's mental model into the user interface
* Tease out the important characteristics of users, their environments, and work tasks to drive an intuitive experience
* Develop user profiles, usability requirements, use cases and scenarios to articulate the solution experience
* Design intuitive and simple user interfaces for web and mobile solutions, producing journey maps, storyboards, mockups, and conceptual models
* Iteratively prototype designs using research insights and user feedback
* Leverage experience in prototype tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, Zeplin, and InVision
* Utilize various cognitive techniques to evaluate user interfaces with end users to refine the UI to ensure it complements the user's task, environment, profile, and needs
* Display teamwork and persuasive interpersonal communications skills
* Meticulous attention to detail
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for these positions now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 5 years of experience in UX/UI design for Web and Mobile interfaces
* At least 5 years of experience participating in user research using a wide variety of methodologies, including the development of research plans and goals, analyzing and presenting results, and using findings to develop user requirements
* Master's Degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, a related field, or equivalent industry.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Doctorate Degree in Psychology, Design, HCI, or a related field or equivalent industry.