Thomas J. Watson said it best: ?Good design is good business.? Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights an...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: ?Good design is good business.? Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? ?If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their technical careers after an absence from the workforce of 24 months or more. This paid apprenticeship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry apprenticeship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
Re-Entry hires participate in ~6 month apprenticeships to refresh skills and prepare for transition to full time opportunities. The experience provides personalized technical learning to update and gain additional skills; earning badges and credentials along the way.
We are seeking an experienced User Experience Designer with a proven record of delivering irresistible solutions which address our customers? most challenging business problems and opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
- Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
- Work with UX Designers, Visual designers, researchers and product managers to understand user?s needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
- Participate in and lead UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
- Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
- Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
- Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
- Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
Who You Are
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative. Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
The ideal candidate has the demonstrated the ability to?
- Produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
- Create interactive prototypes
- Tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
In order to qualify for this apprenticeship, you must have been out of the workforce for a minimum of 24 months.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Portfolio and work samples including branding, user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Solid Technical background
- Hands on Designer Experience
- 3+ years of Demonstrated experience solving complex user problems
- At least 2 years of experience in working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or constitute a complex solution
- Understanding of Design principles and their application
- Examples of beginning and ending interactions (micro interactions) and/or mobile/responsive design considerations
- Experience designing for accessibility
- Data visualization skills
- Data analysis and statistical analysis experience
- Master?s Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client?s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
What matters to you when you?re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world. What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities ? where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust ? where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM?s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- provided by Dice