With our standardized structural platform and digital thread, Prescient is eliminating waste through cost reductions of 30% and constructing...
With our standardized structural platform and digital thread, Prescient is eliminating waste through cost reductions of 30% and constructing buildings as much as 1 year faster than traditional, inefficient methods. Our revolutionary technology provides service that no traditional construction firm can compete with, putting Prescient in high demand. As an organization, we provide 401k with match, PTO, paid holidays, paid medical and dental insurance as well as gym access onsite, a snack bar, fruit deliveries, food truck picnics and so much more! Visit our website for more great videos about our company.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer to aid in research, design and digital prototyping of the Portal user experiences. The UX Designer will work closely with our Director, Customers, Product team and Engineers, leading product research and discovery activities to define, prototype and validate features that ship continuously. The UX Designer uses data to validate decisions. The ideal candidate with have experience with qualitative and quantitative research methodologies. They must possess a clean sense of design and enjoy executing elegant, simple user experiences that creatively address complex business problems.
- Strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced process discovery skills
- Experience validating and testing with end users
- Ability to translate user needs into actionable requirements
- Utilize design thinking methodologies like deep customer empathy and rapid prototyping to arrive at creative, intuitive end-to-end experiences
- Conduct user research to inform design decisions and evaluate your designs
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas, research findings, sketches, and other deliverables to the business and leadership
- Design and deliver user-stories, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes and UI specifications to assist in fulfilling requirements
- Communicate a strong point of view, backed up by customer insights, design principles, and industry trends
- Collaborate effectively with your product managers and engineering team members
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise the bar for design quality
- Push and evolve visual frameworks and patterns based on brand guidelines
- Help lead improvements to process and relationships beyond scope of individual work
- Lead the UI/UX development to creatively solve complex visual and interaction design challenges for interactive analytics
- Bring user-centered design (UCD) process methods to digital applications from concept to launch
- Create information architecture and wireframes that both meet business goals and ensure a positive user experience
- Conceptualizes designs, creates visual prototypes, and assists with implementing highly engaging and intuitive user interface (UI)
- Works collaboratively as part of a team to communicate concepts and ideas to stakeholders
- Other duties may be assigned as needs arise
Skills and Qualifications:
- Five plus years of relevant industry and/or consulting experience.
- At least five years of experience creating highly detailed annotated wireframes, user flows, and process flows within complex applications.
- In-depth knowledge with user interface patterns for mobile, web, and responsive design.
- High proficiency with design and rapid-prototyping tools such as Axure, OmniGraffle, Sketch, HTML, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams in an agile environment
- Effective in communicating conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- Experience in applying user research, user needs validation and usability evaluation
- You have proven ability to work collaboratively in diverse, cross-departmental teams
- Experience crafting for a broad set of UI platforms including web, desktop and mobile
- Experience in a dynamic, iterative development environment; experience with Agile a strong plus
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in User Experience or other relevant degree
- Master's degree preferred but not required
- Previous experience working with some or all of the following technologies is preferred: Blockchain, Supply chain, Construction Project Execution and BIM
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position operates in a typical office environment.
This is a full-time, exempt level position.
Some travel needed to meet stakeholders, estimated to be less than 25%
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Some light walking around the office is necessary.
Prescient is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law.