Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Experienced UX designer to work on IBM Storage offerings. Our interdisciplinary design teams work with development and offering management to create user experiences that delight our clients. The designers on our team are expected to work within the design loop, while having the agility to respond to changing business requirements and user needs.
The world of data storage is incredibly complex and layered, and it is rich with opportunity for design patents, unique interfaces and data visualizations. You will play a key role in building experiences that help our customers ensure they get the most out of their data, including data storage, resiliency, and AI enablement.
* Responsible for project engagements including deliverables such as concepts, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and specifications.
* Craft user experiences alongside key product stakeholders to understand and support product business goals, advocating user centered design industry best practices, and effectively managing design resources.
* Translate business requirements to end-user needs and create differentiated design solutions.
* Lead teams in design thinking and agile methodologies.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* At least 7 years' experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mock-ups and prototypes, as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UIs.
* Degree in Human Computer Interaction, or Web Design with a focus on User Experience or related field.
* Excellent listening, written, verbal communication skills, storytelling, and documentation skills.
* Analytical, creative, and strategic thinker - Able to develop innovative solutions to business problems.
* Portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wire-framing, interaction design and design best practices.
* Hands-on expertise in use case development, storyboarding, mock-ups and highly interactive prototypes.
* Expertise in collaborating with and leading user research.
* Successful track record leading interdisciplinary teams.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience designing for complex systems