Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
When applying, please include your portfolio or link to your portfolio (with password, if applicable) in addition to your resume
We are seeking an experienced User Experience (UX) Designer with a proven record of delivering clear and delightful solutions which address our customers' most challenging business problems and opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
* Leverage scenarios and user flows in the creation of workflows, flowcharts, story mapping, and prototypes
* Participate in and lead UX activities such as user/design research, interviews, and workshops, in an Agile environment
* Translate findings into usable, useful, effective, and efficient user experiences
* Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
* Provide information verbally and visually through low- and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes
* Test and validate working hypotheses through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes, and published product, and participate in design critique
* Work with UX Designers, Visual designers, researchers, and product managers to understand users' needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
* Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
Who You Are
* Creative, curious, questioning, open to receiving and providing critique, and have a ton of initiative.
* Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience.
* You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective, and efficient experiences to users.
* Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches.
* Understand mental models and build wireframes and prototypes following interaction design principles
* Apply knowledge about UX disciplines including information architecture, motion design, and micro-interactions
* Tell meaningful stories about users, with great presentation skills
IBM's digital future is our business. We ask if there are different ways to help our customers, more modern, more delightful, more innovative, and simply better. Be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers - people who want to make an impact, cultivate their expertise and collaborate with some of the world's top business and technology professionals. We're hiring...JOIN US.
#interactive #designresearch #InVision #cloud #Sketch # #UX #UI # #usercentric #SCRUM #cx
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* 7+ years of demonstrated experience in UX design
* 6+ years of experience working in a broad portfolio of related products
* Portfolio and work samples including user-centered design skills, complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process), and clickable or paper prototypes (any fidelity)
* Experience solving complex customer problems via design methodology
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Experience designing intelligent experiences
* Experience designing for accessibility
* Data visualization skills
* Master's Degree in User Experience Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science