What You'll Do
We need ingeniously creative, self-confident, innovative, fun-loving problem solvers who we can collaborate, sketch, debate,...
What You'll Do
We need ingeniously creative, self-confident, innovative, fun-loving problem solvers who we can collaborate, sketch, debate, and kick design-butt with us all day long. We are looking for an experienced interaction designer who not only has the raw design talent to leave their mark but can also work with our engineering pals to make sure the things we build, solve actual user problems and look good doing it. You will need to be a craftsperson when designing and a showman when presenting to stakeholders. In short, team-playing-design-wizard-awesome-communicator type stuff.
Who You'll Work With
We are a global user experience team composed of world-class research, interaction, and visual designers with a clear mandate to drive user-centric design practices into our portfolio of products and plenty of work to keep us busy! Job #1 for us is to take the complexity out of our customers' business-critical security needs without sacrificing clarity, efficacy, and flexibility. User, data, and network security can be a hard thing for many businesses to manage, but we deliver the solutions they need and design them in ways that anyone can use. We partner very closely with our product management and engineering coworkers to ensure that best-in-class technology is delivered with world-class usability. Overall, it's an excellent time to be in the digital security business because business is good.
Who You Are
You know how to produce excellent design work, but more importantly, you know how to define problems so that great work can happen. Collaborating with other internal teams comes second nature to you. Working with customers, of course, comes first. You are not afraid to develop novel solutions to familiar problems but are wise enough to know when reinventing the wheel is overkill. Desktop, mobile, native, web, cross-platform, embedded systems: you've done it all and speak each language fluently. All of your phenomenal design works gets you noticed, and your ability to sell it will make our customers sit up and take notice.
- Design solutions for a range of Cisco security hardware and software products
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to identify user-centric designs that meet - and hopefully exceed - customer needs
- Build crystal-clear artifacts that engineering teams can use as the foundation of their development process
- Address core usability requirements of targeted customers and clearly communicate designs that creatively solve these problems
- Conceptualize, express, and iterate on design as a living process
- Utilize design methodologies that ensure the most appropriate solution for each initiative
- 5+ years of experience designing user interfaces for large scale and/or enterprise applications
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Design, or related field.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, strong communication skills; and the ability to quickly prioritize tasks
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems and convey these designs in the form of presentations, prototypes, and design specifications
- Can communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; a self-starter that can collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Solid understanding of user-centered design based on HCI, quantitative, psychology, anthropology, or industrial design foundations
- Able to produce clear, user-centric designs across mobile, desktop, web and hardware security products
- Contribute to all aspects of design including wireframes, concepting, rapid prototyping, use case, workflow, and scenario development
- Partner closely with engineering and product management to rapidly iterate on designs based on user feedback, tech constraints, and market dynamics
This is NOT a technical or programming position, although the native ability to understand and effectively communicate with technical leads is a huge plus. We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.
#LI-PRIORITY - provided by Dice