IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after a...
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
Interested in making a difference in the world? Want to understand how to promote trust and transparency in business processes, enabling new opportunities and relationships?
The IBM Blockchain Platform team is looking for a Senior UX Designer who can bring their critical insights and experiences to the Blockchain Platform. The candidate will help enable users, businesses, and consortiums build a better Blockchain community and network.
The Senior User Experience Designer creates transformative experiences by uncovering deep human insights that drive measurable business outcomes. The candidate should have a broad understanding across all project phases, deep knowledge in one or more areas, and be comfortable constructing meaningful end-to-end experiences. Additional UX Design tasks can include wireframing and prototyping new software interfaces that deliver delightful user experiences. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working alongside other design team members as well as interacting closely with offering managers and engineers in global teams.
• Support experience strategy through all project phases to uncover customer insights, define a strategy to innovate the customer experience, and create a roadmap to guide the execution of that strategy
• Lead and/or execute UX work, including personas, experience maps, strategic frameworks, collaborative ideation session, storyboards, prototypes, wireframes, technical oversite, as well as iterative testing throughout
• Oversee and strategically guide interdisciplinary teams through research, strategy and implementation work, manage priorities and methods
• Make recommendations to clients and project teams based on a balance of desirability, feasibility, and viability
• Have a strong portfolio that displays your thought process through design artifacts including prototypes, drawings, and storyboards
• Articulate and own the project vision, working to ensure project team alignment
• Mentor junior team members
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Exceptional creative, conceptual, and problem solving skills
• 3-5 years of professional experience minimum; enterprise design preferred
• Bachelors or Master of Design preferred
• Experience in Design Thinking methodologies and workshop facilitation
• Formal Design critique experience as facilitator and contributor
In order to qualify for this returnship, you must have been out of the full-time workforce for a minimum of 2 years. Upon acceptance of the offer you are required to attend a 3 day orientation in HQ Armonk, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 3-5 years of professional experience minimum
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education:Master's Degree