Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? D...
Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? Do you love helping others around you grow, thrive on building cross-functional teams with Offering Managers and Developers, live to ship beautiful and functional products and strive to create a great place to work?
If so, read on!
Today's operating environment demands a stack that's responsive to the innovative enterprise -one that can leverage all data types & access the latest technologies. By 2020, businesses will commit at least 50% of IT spend on cloud. Businesses are prioritizing the secure connection and extension mission-critical apps, and IBM Cloud is a leader in providing these solutions. Here's the chance to become a part of the IBM Cloud Design team -a well-established user interface design team designing integrated cloud services for IBM's Cloud Platform.
We are seeking an experienced User Experience (UX/Visual) Designer with a proven record of delivering irresistible solutions which address our customers' most challenging business problems and opportunities. The ideal candidate will have experience collaborating effectively with Product Management and engineering in agile and lean delivery methodologies. The candidate must demonstrate leadership, technical curiosity, and tenacity to partner with some of the leading technologists in the field of cloud computing.
· Deliver, review and critique the UX Designs of a multi-skilled design team to ensure effective and rich designs (great interaction, visual styling, consistent and appropriate use of voice and tone, etc)
· Work with UX Designers, Visual designers, researchers and product managers to understand user's needs and behaviors for the industries in which they work
· Participate in and lead UX activities (in person and remote) in an Agile environment such as user/design research, interviews and workshops
· Translate findings into usable, useful, effective and efficient user experiences
· Clearly and quickly deliver ideas to cross-functional teams
· Provide information verbally and visually through low and mid-fidelity renderings and clickable prototypes
· Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique
· Work with Visual Designers and Developers to bring concepts to life while maintaining UX best practices
Who You Are
Creative, curious, questioning, open to take and provide critique and have a ton of initiative. Able to focus on design detail and ascertain user value and impact as part of your software experience. You possess experience solving complex design problems for Web interactions or software solutions, and are capable of translating research findings into complex interaction designs that provide usable, effective and efficient experiences to users. Your keen written and verbal communication skills include the ability to articulate alternative approaches. The ideal candidate has the demonstrated the ability to…
· Produce and enhance low-fidelity sketches and medium fidelity wireframes to facilitate communication of recommended solutions
· Create interactive prototypes
· Tell a meaningful story about the user and great presentation skills
Sound like you? If so we'd LOVE to hear from you! Come help us shape the next generation of IBM Cloud.
Preferred work locations: Austin, TX and San Jose, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Portfolio and work samples including branding, user-centered design skills, visualizations of complex experiences such as flows, scenarios, personas, etc. (any fidelity), sketches to mid-fidelity interactions (show your process) and clickable prototypes (any fidelity)
• Solid Technical background
• Hands on Designer Experience
• 6+ years of Demonstrated experience solving complex user problems
• At least 2 years of experience in working in a broad portfolio of related products and/or constitute a complex solution
• Understanding of Design principles and their application
• Examples of beginning and ending interactions (micro interactions) and/or mobile/responsive design considerations
• Bachelor's Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
• Experience designing for accessibility
• Data visualization skills
• Data analysis and statistical analysis experience
• Master's Degree in User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education:Master's Degree