Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights a...
Thomas J. Watson said it best: "Good design is good business." Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make IBM's Multicloud Management Platform (MCMP), the platform of choice to provide global enterprises with a self-service, digital control plane for Multicloud and Hybrid IT environments. We are a business unit filled with people who are passionate about our solution and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
We are building the next generation micro-services based Multicloud Management Platform - the very foundation on which all GTS Multicloud services will be digitally delivered. As Design Lead, you will have a unique opportunity to build and produce ideas that will evolve and craft the backbone of UX design for the future of IBM's spinoff: kyndryl.
Are you both a forward-thinking creative and an excellent designer? You will lead effort to design a visually appealing and differentiated user experience. From the very first interaction, our product represents everything the MCMP brand stands for in the mind of our customers. You will ensure that our products establish that strong emotional connection with our users and make the products more impactful, attractive, and desirable.
* Communicate the intended experience through artifacts such as concept maps and models, storyboards, sketches, wireframes, taxonomies, workflows and design specification
* Collaborate closely with product managers and development to take projects from early business requirements to rapidly create and validate a product vision
* Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards
* Lobby for and plan validation activities to ensure a delightful user experience
* Work closely with Design Researchers to understand stakeholders, users and the markets in which they operate
* Work closely with Visual Designers and Front-end developers to ensure intended experiences are carried through
* Demonstrated ability to produce low-fidelity sketches on tight schedules
* Demonstrated ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs
* Demonstrated ability to create click through prototypes to test and validate working hypothesis with users.
* Demonstrated knowledge of responsive design techniques for different form factors (desktop vs. mobile)
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including techniques to persuade and negotiate and the ability to articulate alternative approaches
* Demonstrated communication, presentation skills and attention to detail
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience
* At least 5 years experience in as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role with a customer focus.
* At least 5 years' experience in working experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Omnigraffle, InVision and/or other design tools.
* At least 2 years experience in Agile, Scrum and Lean approaches.
* At least 5 years experience in working in a collaborative team and directly with developers implementing designs.
* At least 2 years experience in producing accessible designs.
* Readiness to travel 20% travel annually
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience
* Experience designing enterprise software, SaaS applications for large-scale user bases, or application platforms (e.g. content management systems, e-commerce platforms, application development platforms, etc.).
* Experience applying lean principles to create User Experience