Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more th...
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department : Engineering
Gemini is regulated and licensed like a bank, but it's run like a tech startup, and engineering is the core of the company. There's a wide range of tough problems to solve at Gemini - from properly securing hundreds of millions of dollars worth of customer funds, to developing innovative new blockchain products, to finding new techniques to combat fraud, to shaving microseconds off our API response times, and everything in between.
All of Gemini's engineers are able to work across the software platform, not just on their own specialization or sub team. We value a thoughtful, collaborative software development process, coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving and delivering software.
Role: Trading Systems Engineer
Work with our team of core trading systems developers to improve and expand the functionality of our matching engine, order entry mechanisms, and market data publication. We design, develop, deploy, and support real-time systems for our digital asset trading platform. Time is measured in microseconds and we aim to start measuring in nanoseconds. Reliability, fault tolerance, recoverability, throughput, and latency are what we look for in our systems. If something on the spaceship is broken we aim to fix it, if something can be automated we automate it, and we ship our code weekly.
- Use engineering principles to identify and measure risk and to implement quantitative and technical risk management solutions in software
- Understand business needs, facilitate and develop process workflows, data requirements, and specifications required to support implementation of our real time exchange
- Develop scalable architecture for the current new version of our exchange as well as any future state while contributing towards improving the trading infrastructure
- Write robust code and APIs to support the company's vital business
- Build systems to monitor the status and health of the trading platform.
- Identify and advocate for changes vital to the stability and supportability of the system.
- Mentor and advise teammates to ensure new features are efficient, highly available, and fault tolerant.
- Provide continuity and stability to the production environment.
- Provide quick response to production issues to help eliminate down time thereby ensuring high availability and performance of our trading platform.
- Coordinate, prioritize and plan the changes to our trading software thereby ensuring smooth exchange migrations, quick time to market for new features and software.
- Significant experience developing exchange or trading systems with C++, Java or Scala
- Delivers testable code using unit testing frameworks such as Googletest and JUnit
- Experience working with order handling or matching engines
- Experience working with FIX or other market data/order protocols
- Experience building real-time Linux systems
- In-depth understanding of networking protocols and some experience programming with low-level sockets APIs
It Pays to Work Here
- Multithreading and concurrency experience
- Binary or custom protocols (e.g. ITCH/OUCH, SBE etc.)
- Linux kernel tuning and optimization
- Experience with margins/derivatives products
- Experience with continuous integration tools like Jenkins
- Experience working with multi-language build tools such as Bazel
- Low latency/lock-free development and design
- Experience supporting a low-latency, containerized production environment
- Experience working with modern message brokers such as Apache Kafka or Apache Pulsar
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development