The Technology, Operations and Information Management Division at Babson College is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assista...
The Technology, Operations and Information Management Division at Babson College is seeking applicants for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position in Information Technology starting the 2018-19 academic year.
Tenure Track Assistant or Associate Professor Job Requirements:
* A Ph.D. in Information Systems, Information Technology or closely related field is required. Candidates must be committed to excellence in teaching, research, and service.
* The candidate should have a proven track record in teaching core information management courses, with a strong competency and preference for teaching core IS classes and upper-level electives to graduate business students. Candidates should be involved with innovative teaching approaches and materials. The candidate should be engaged in rigorous research that is practically relevant to business managers.
* Prior experience (either as the instructor or as a teaching assistant responsible for teaching some part of the course such as technology labs) with graduate level courses is preferred.
* We are interested in all strong candidates who would be a good fit with Babson and have a preference for candidates who are involved in business analytics and application development with emergent technologies (e.g., Blockchain, VR/AR, IoT) in both research and teaching.
College-wide Faculty Requirements:
We are looking for an accomplished teacher/scholar who:
* Is passionate about teaching and who has a proven track record of teaching excellence and innovative curriculum development
* Brings depth in scholarly or practical expertise with emerging businesses that will add to the intellectual community of the College.
* Is a team player, ready to collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to design and teach courses in an integrated, cross-disciplinary context.
* Will use new technologies and other innovative modes for course delivery (such as a blended/online environment).
* Can navigate and embrace complexity, ambiguity, and change.
* Is experienced in working/teaching in ways that will enhance the college's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
* Will contribute to campus life as an integrated full-time faculty member including scholarship and serving on committees.VEVRAA Federal ContractorWe request Priority Protected Veteran & Disabled Referrals for all of our locations within the stateBabson College is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to enhancing diversity across all levels of the College. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this value are strongly encouraged to apply.The EEO is the Law poster is available here.Please contact Barbara Nadeau at or with any questions