Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over...
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial, April 2016) and 140,000 colleagues in nearly 50 countries. In the U.S., weâ**re 13,000 strong, working together to positively impact every customer, organization, and community we serve. We achieve this by delivering on our values, putting people first, fostering long-term relationships built on honesty and mutual understanding, and inspiring the best in each other. This is all part of our inclusive, high-performing culture supported by Total Rewards that include our cash balance pension plan. Join a team thatâ**s working to fulfill its vision to be the worldâ**s most trusted financial group.
MUFG's Technology Strategy and Incubation (TSI) team applies emerging technology to get banking out of our customers' way, putting customers' money to work where they want it, when they want it, without worrying about it. While incubating these step changes in foundational tech and security, TSIâ**s longer term goal is upshifting to a continuous evolution of technology, to keep pace with the accelerating rate of change in financial and data marketplaces.
Building the future of money
Our digital bank platform is the technology foundation for our full line of banking products, ensuring an "easy to do business with" customer experience across multiple channels of customer engagement.
The platform supports transactions across deposits, loans, mortgages, even blockchain, all run through event stream processing that observes, aggregates, and correlates the transactions to help the bank make smarter, faster, more accurate customer-enabling decisions across our offerings in real time.
We are rolling these capabilities out the "FinTech" way, using system reliability engineering (SRE) practices and open source software (OSS) for better developer velocity and platform resilience at the same time.
Incubation Product Manager
TSI is seeking a senior product manager to lead technology-incubation-related efforts to meet business needs while balancing an array of stakeholder interests. With a keen eye on the productâ**s â**marketâ*?â*internal or externalâ*the product manager has an intuitive feel for the direction of the product, setting the vision. A key member of the development team, the product manager represents the voice of the customer, prioritizing effort against the most important goals while weighing sometimes contradictory concerns from an array of customers. The product manager ensures customers are well informed of development activities at all times, particularly when potentially impactful prioritization decisions are necessary. In this highly critical and visible role, you will apply your product management experience to successfully lead large, dynamic, and complex technology development efforts.
- Set the vision for incubation products, developing roadmaps to achieve business goals in partnership with customers and the engineering teams.
- Prioritize product development activities, presenting trade-offs to stakeholders and customers as necessary to provide clarity of direction.
- Build and maintain deep relationships with customers, representing their interests throughout the product life cycle.
- Stay abreast of the current market, continuously identifying necessary adjustments to the vision and strategy to stay ahead.
- Ensure stakeholders are well informed of product development progression.
- Own the goalâ*drive product development by achieving whatâ**s necessary to reach the desired outcome, overcoming issues as they arise.
- Demonstrated intuition for product â**tasteâ*?â*instinct for that which will delight
- Thrive on balancing the knifeâ**s edge between customersâ** desires and the teamsâ** ability to deliver
- Enjoy working with deeply passionate engineers
- Fortitude to tell customers â**noâ*? when necessary, particularly regarding prioritization of effort
- Ability to provide clarity from ambiguity, working through complicated, multi-party decision paths
- Demonstrated innovation, creativity, and entrepreneurial mindset
- Able to comfortably manage more simultaneous threads than most
- Interest in using and adapting to new technologies
- Strong communication & presentation skills (makes complex issues accessible to business audience, clear, concise, and audience appropriate)
- Ability to travel, including out of state and internationally
- Client satisfaction focusedâ*prompt and effective communications and follow-up is provided
- 10+ years managing product(s) in a high integrity, and/or regulated environment (government, healthcare, financial sectors)
- Independently and successfully managed at least three large scale, complex, multi-customer products, from start to end (i.e. covering all life cycle phases)
- 4 year Bachelorâ**s Degree required
- Experience with modern agile product development methodologies
- Expertise in product road mapping tools, JIRA (or similar agile tools), and MS Office Suite
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
A conviction is not an absolute bar to employment. Factors such as the age of the offense, evidence of rehabilitation, seriousness of violation, and job relatedness are considered in all employment decisions. Additionally, itâ**s the bankâ**s policy to only inquire into a candidateâ**s criminal history after an offer has been made. Federal law prohibits banks from employing individuals who have been convicted of, or received a pretrial diversion for, certain offenses.
- provided by Dice Systems / Technology