Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, exchange-traded funds, options, cryptocurrency, mutual funds, and fixed-income investments, is looking for a Digital Content Writer for a contract role in their Jersey City location.
At First Tier Technology, we believe the core strength of our organization lies with the people who are our most valuable assets and enablers of success. We view ourselves as enablers and providers of a positive and supportive environment, which motivates our employees, facilitates achievement, and creates consistent and high levels of performance. Our clients are some of the most highly regarded Financial Services & Investment Banks in the US!
Technical Writer/Digital Content Writer
Skills: Microsoft Office Suite, OmniGraffle, Visio, InDesign, and Content Management Systems (CMS): Experience with or interest in conversational commerce platforms, natural language or AI management and machine learning, SEO
Jersey City, NJ
7+ Months Contract
Requisition Title: Technical Writer / Digital Content Writer
The Digital Content Writer is responsible for writing actionable, client-facing content for the secure Retail site, mobile apps, Institutional websites, and conversational commerce platforms such as Facebook Messenger, Alexa, etc... The writer manages the content review process, sometimes collaborating with designated content strategists and/or Natural Language Developers, and ensures Compliance approval for assigned projects. The position requires the individual to work collaboratively in an agile development environment and work closely with the Enterprise Design team. The writer revises copy, as necessary, through the testing phase. The position requires the individual to have a solid working knowledge of financial investments in general and to acquire a strong understanding of our client's products and services specifically. In the post-publication phase, the writer may review client behaviour and summary analytics to identify and act on opportunities for content optimization. The writer may report to the Manager, Digital Content Editor, or the Senior Manager, Virtual Agent Technology.
***WRITING SAMPLE MUST BE INCLUDED***
The writer is assigned projects by the Manager, Digital Content Editor or the Senior Manager, Virtual Agent Technology. The purpose of the project is determined by the Business stakeholders and the writer creates copy that meets those objectives.
The writer makes revisions to written content to address business, legal, or regulatory concerns.
Main Accountability 1: Write copy for the web, mobile apps, and/or conversational eCommerce platforms
Writes and edits client-facing copy for clarity, accuracy, consistency, grammar, style, and tone, while simultaneously meeting web and/or conversational usability standards, corporate guidelines, and brand image.
Prepares copy decks for all major projects (the deck is the official text for any project). The writer is responsible for updates to the copy decks and making sure the appropriate team members have access to Compliance-approved decks.
Reviews client interactions and aggregated user behaviour data to drive tuning of existing experiences and reveal opportunities for impactful content creation
Main Accountability 2: Work collaboratively across multiple departments
Frequently works on agile teams of associates with diverse interests. The writer is responsible for creating copy that addresses multiple (and sometimes conflicting) Business concerns.
May work with a content strategist who creates a content plan that effectively achieves the business goals throughout the platform experience. This may involve Virtual Agent/Help/Search/social media copy beyond typical web page copy.
Works closely with the Enterprise Design Group to create relevant, usable content for our clients resulting in a positive experience.
May engage with natural language developers to ensure Virtual Agent/conversational content and natural language structures work together in synergetic delivery ecosystems that ensure an optimal experience is delivered to the end user.
Manages the content review process, working with Compliance and Legal to ensure the copy meets a broad range of business, legal, and regulatory guidelines.
Once the copy has been approved by Compliance, the writer works with developers during the QA process to ensure that the copy is accurate before the project is pushed into production.
Main Accountability 3: Participate in ongoing education
The writer should take advantage of education courses and materials available through the client that relate to improving writing skills or increasing knowledge about the company s products and services.
Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of the client's Editorial Style Guide and updates to it. The writer is also responsible for keeping up with current trends/issues involving writing for the web, mobile apps, and conversational eCommerce platforms.
The writer should seek out educational opportunities to broaden knowledge of the financial services industry.
The writer may occasionally be required to travel to other client locations for job skill development and agile team training.
Education Level required: 4 Year College Degree
Preferred: English; also Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields
- Years Related Experience: 5+ Years Total Experience
- Specialized skills, experience, abilities, and knowledge required:
- Proven experience in creating/writing content for websites and other digital media (written samples of work required)
- Client-facing experience in financial services preferred but not required
- BA/BS required in English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related fields
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Ability to gain an understanding of all roles and responsibilities for multiple business units
- Ability to interface/communicate with all levels of the organization as well as external vendors
- Understanding of the financial services industry and financial products in general
- Excellent teamwork and people skills
- Energy for a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Desire to build financial services acumen
- Ability to work with content strategists to help provide appropriate content throughout multiple locations on the site.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; ability to learn various tracking systems such as Tempo, Central Desktop, and JIRA; working knowledge of design tools such as OmniGraffle, Visio, and InDesign
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Experience with or interest in conversational commerce platforms, natural language or AI management and machine learning, or SEO experience preferred.
- provided by Dice