We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by indu...
We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are actively seeking a Technical Writer (Contract) to play a key role in scaling our platform and helping developers learn and build experiences on their own. This role will focus on developing API and other technical documentation detailing integrations between Mythical's platform and services.
We seek a candidate with a background in writing, editing, and organizing technical content to join our team and make it easy for development teams to understand our Platform tools and services.
Reporting to our VP, Economy Engine you will work with excellent technologists, designers, and product managers to improve the lives of internal and partner producers, designers, and engineers building on the Mythical Platform.
This position could be based remotely in the US.
- Write technical documentation such as API reference docs, conceptual and task-based feature guides, and tutorials.
- This role will work closely with games, marketplace, and blockchain software engineering teams to understand the interfaces exposed for partner integration, building clear, concise documentation and collaborating to develop programming examples.
- Together with the product management team, you will craft the documentation and messaging to best communicate these interfaces with our application partners.
- This role will participate in the management of a web-based developer portal to share this knowledge with our partners.
- Help drive better information architecture and developer experiences with cross functional teams such as Partner Developers, Engineering, Product, and Design.
- You will work with engineers and product managers to create product overviews, how-to instructions, and integration guides
- Ensure product teams publish high-quality documentation by providing consulting, reviewing, and editing services
- Work with cross functional teams to implement and revise a style guide
- You will guide documentation tooling and process improvement across multiple, simultaneous projects and systems
- Technical aptitude and a great eye for taking complex concepts and distilling them into great documentation.
- 3 + years as a technical writer in the tech industry
- Experience with Docusaurus or similar software
- Experience with source code written in Java
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with shared libraries and SDKs.
- Experience working with technology teams, or within the tech space, to help document processes, procedures, user guides, and diagrams for systems
- Experience building documentation for third-party partner programs or external SDKs
- The ability to drive large docsets to completion, where no processes or standards exist.
- Self-motivated and directed. You'll be expected to solve problems that people aren't aware of and challenge others' ideas where appropriate.
- A great attitude, team-first sensibilities, and ability to deliver on time.
- Programming or scripting experience.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with blockchain protocols, especially Ethereum.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to . We will be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.