Technical Program Manager
Our goal is to improve the financial lives for everyone by providing easy and ubiquitous access ...
Technical Program Manager
Our goal is to improve the financial lives for everyone by providing easy and ubiquitous access to consumer financial services built on blockchain technology. We believe that decentralization in finance through digital assets can transform the world by giving the power (and earnings) back to individuals. In order to accomplish this, we're building out the world's largest physical cash onramp to cryptocurrencies, a mobile-first digital bank-like experience as well as provide Decentralized Finance (DeFi) services on a digital wallet.
This is a rare opportunity for a growth-minded individual to join a fast-growing exciting mission that will significantly impact the financial services industry and transform the lives of billions of people around the world.
To support this mission, we are looking for a customer-obsessed, data-centric, experienced technical program/project manager to work closely with our cross-functional teams to drive, plan, prioritize, communicate and manage expectations around the project lifecycle. This role will own complex cross-functional projects including international expansion efforts. Note- this is not a "report the news" kind of role. Rather, this individual will need to be hands-on and "making the news" and directly influencing the success of fast-moving projects and agile development teams.
What You'll Do
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver features and improvements to the platform.
- Proactively plan, prioritize and coordinate project activities from project requirements phase to deployment phase to ensure timely deliveries.
- Assess tradeoffs and provide recommendations on how to resolve tradeoffs between business needs and technical realities.
- Work closely with engineering teams to design technical solutions, assess technical tradeoffs, and provide insight regarding architecture, design, and scaling.
- Perform resource allocation, workload assignment and schedule management activities to meet project milestones.
- Communicate project status regularly and maintain project documentation to keep the entire organization informed and aligned.
- Identify project risks and dependencies and develop appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Manage escalation effectively with external and internal communications
- Oversee daily operations of project teams and provide direction whenever needed, including acting as the Scrum Master for multiple Agile teams. Running daily stand-ups, organizing sprints, working very closely with the PM, Design, Development and QA teams to ensure consistently successful sprint cycles that achieve desired team and organizational goals.
- Address queries from customers and management in a timely manner.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and customer expectations.
- Identify areas of improvements and concerns and develop action plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in project/program management and/or engineering management working on software engineering projects.
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle such as requirement, implementation, testing, and acceptance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Compensation & Benefits
- 3+ years of experience in managing software projects preferably in consumer-facing, sizable finance-related services
- Prior experience of working in Agile Development Environment and exposure to basic scaled Agile practices
- Experience in Finance Technology is a plus
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored comprehensive health benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and more. (Some plans are 100% company paid)
- Option to participate in company-matched 401(k) plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid holidays
This opportunity is for a full-time position located at our headquarters in Seattle, WA. Working remotely part of the time is an option for the right individual. This role will be remote while Covid restrictions are in place.