Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do busine...
Syncsort is the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data software. After several years of company growth and global expansion, we now do business in over 100 countries, with over 7,000 customers - including 84 of the Fortune 100. Our mission is to organize data everywhere, to keep the world working, helping customers solve for the present and prepare for the future. Our products optimize, assure, integrate, and advance data, so data-driven organizations can get more value from their business information. We know the Next Wave of new technologies is right around the corner, so we work hard to continuously help customers leverage cutting-edge technologies like streaming frameworks, hybrid cloud, machine learning, AI and blockchain. We are looking for talented individuals with the experience and motivation to join our innovative team.
This position is remote on the Midwest or Rocky Mountains. Work from home and travel required for this role.
The Sales Engineer is a tech-savvy professional focused on technical presales support of Syncsort software products. This individual will work in the field to help existing sales teams with new customer opportunities, translate customer technical requirements to a Syncsort solution, drive the technical discussions, deliver custom demonstrations, and implement technical proofs-of-concept. This individual will be comfortable working in a results driven, highly-motivated sales team. There will be significant opportunity to influence product design and positioning, with an ideal candidate being a thoughtful and persuasive contributor.
- Technically relevant experience with data intensive applications including ETL, data integration, high performance databases, data warehousing
- Experience with leading DBMS systems; Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Netezza, Vertica
- Experience with mainframe systems, data processing and coding
- Experience with ETL tools including DataStage, Informatica, Pentaho or Talend
- Experience with Data Quality tools including, Dataflux, Talend, Trillium, Firstlogic / Business Objects, etc. is a plus
- 3+ years of Technical Pre-Sales experience
- 1+ year of big data experience
- Coding experience C, C++, or Java
- Cross Database SQL experience
- Unix/Linux knowledge
- Must be able to collaborate effectively, independently, and with existing product and sales teams
- Able to demonstrate a strong written and oral communications skills, exemplary technical skills, sales situation awareness, and good time management skills
- Comfortable and capable of performing product presentation to a varied audience ranging from technical individual contributor to C-Level executives
- Strong technical knowledge of enterprise IT architecture
- Experience with cloud computing platforms a plus
- Experience with data quality tools a plus
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or other related technology disciplines. (Candidates with other degrees will be considered if they are able to demonstrate sufficient technical proficiency and expertise.)
- Work from home with travel is required for this position (40%+)