Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin of...
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking Business (ENB) Cisco's largest business group by revenue, profit, and contribution margin of $12 bn+. Enterprise edge products that integrate industry-leading routing, application services, security, and voice/video features with new technologies such as virtualization, 4G mobile data, cloud-based IT applications, DNA, Switching, Routing and WAN. Customers range from small businesses to the world's largest retailers, financial institutions, and IT service providers. Our customers likely include your bank, apparel retailer, grocery store, superstore, and maybe even your favorite coffee shop. Driving innovation and increased customer value has enabled Cisco Enterprise Routing to maintain market share leadership in a competitive environment.
- Help build and lead a great QA team that delivers world-class products
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to both your team members and your project peers
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement
- The successful manager will be passionate about quality improvement, experienced and highly committed to crafting world-class automation for regression and feature testing, able to develop and drive a high-level strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Set clear expectations and build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with hardware and software engineering teams
- Operate strategically and tactically
- Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day product development
- Work cross-functionally with partner technology and business teams to deliver product quality
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 10+ years of experience in a System Test role
- 3+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Experience with test automation
- Strong people management skills, with a shown ability to hire and grow hardworking programmatic and user-level personnel
- Understanding of QA tool development chains and environments
- Knowledge and experience with test methodologies, crafting test plans, crafting test cases, and debugging
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with testing Routing Protocols, NFV, SDN
- Experience in Python programming language
- Experience with Python based automation frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to operate within short release cycles
- Shows creativity and initiative to improve product coverage and efficiency.
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- Why Cisco:
- #WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
- We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
- But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
- Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
- So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- provided by Dice