Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in t...
Cisco is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate, and collaborate. Since 1984, Cisco has led in the innovation of IP-based networking technologies such as routing, switching, security, unified communications, video, and wireless. Our responsible business practices help ensure business sustainability and environmentally conscious operations and products.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on the software development for NXOS product lines and be a key part of Cisco's Data Center strategy. We are looking for someone like you who strives in a fast-paced dynamic environment. You will be part of a dedicated team that has epitomized open communications, empowerment, innovation, collaboration and customer success.
Participate on a project team of engineers involved in development of software for Cisco products. Requires use of a strong background in SW design, documentation and implementation, on projects that may include any of the following list of responsibilities:
Who You'll Work With
Who You Are
- You will chip in to the development of a SW release, including building the software, coordinating with other departments.
- Design and deliver software features.
- Demonstrate a high degree of originality and innovation in defining solutions.
- Significantly influences the design of interfaces between products to ensure interoperability.
- Develop large portions of software independently and rapidly.
- You will cultivate new, improved design methodologies.
- Participate in Cisco's Patent Program.
- You have the ability to apply extensive experience as a networking protocol specialist.
- You understand advanced architecture principles and design practices. Exercises good judgement determining how to best achieve technical objectives of assignment.
- You are Self-motivated and highly ambitious. Creative problem-solving skills and excellent troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication. Excellent partnership and people skills.
- Ability to lead multiple tasks and work towards long-term goals.
- Programming experience (C, C++ ), script languages (Perl, Python).
- Familiarity with RTOS (Ex: Linux) and experience working on embedded systems.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and protocols (ex: TCP/IP, Overlay VXLAN
- You have Layer 2, Layer3 and overlay forwarding technologies.
- Have in depth knowledge and good experience in one or more the following technologies:
- Interfaces - Port channels
- L2/L3 - VPC, CDP, LLDP, UC/MC, PMN, TRM, MVPN
- Timing - SyncE, PTP profiles
- ACL/QoS - PACL/RACL/VACL, Storm Control, PBR, NAT, SPAN,PFC, Policing
- Overlays - VxLAN/EVPN, Multisite, IPv4/IPv6, SR/MPLS, SRv6, Gateways
- Telemetry - Sflow, INT, SSX, PT/PTE, MoD, Netflow, BDC/HDC, ICT
We Are Cisco
- You have a master's degree or BSC with 10+ years of experience in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related degree.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice