What You'll Do
You will be part of a world-class Software test team that works on various cutting edge technologies in switching. Opportuni...
What You'll Do
You will be part of a world-class Software test team that works on various cutting edge technologies in switching. Opportunity to work with leading edge networking technologies in the areas of high speed, high performance switches for Access/Campus market segments.
Who You'll Work With
Enterprise Access Switching Group in Cisco is the industry leader in enterprise networking with a proven track record in building innovative wired and wireless solutions. This particular position is in the Wired Software Test team.
Who You Are
Role & Responsibilities
* Design and Validate Customer usecases
* Automate usecases using TCL/Expect/Python/ REST APIs
* Participate in innovative Software test initiatives
* Working in small, highly technical teams employing Agile/Scrum practices
* Ability to deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced teams.]
* Work closely with the field to successfully enable the Solutions
* Typically requires MSEE/CS combined with 8+ years of related experience or BSEE/CS combined with 10+ years of experience
* Excellent Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge/ hands-on experience. Good understanding of various networking protocols and standards.
* Strong knowledge and ability to develop test scripts using Python.
* Working knowledge of CI/CD (Jenkins, GitHub,etc.).
* Experience in Programming/Scripting: TCL, Expect, Python , REST APIs on Linux
* Knowledge of Automation frameworks (PyATS, ATS)
* Experience in test tools and utilities such as Ixia, IxLoad, and Wireshark/Ethereal.
* Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
* Execute tests, track and log issues and drive them till resolution with verification of bug fixes
* Review PRD, SFS, Test plans, and other documentations
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work cross-functionally.
* Prior Experience with SDA-DNAC will be added advantage.
* Self-motivated, strong sense of ownership, good team player
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once and work independently with minimal managerial oversight.
* Have experience in customer deployments * Be open to continuous learning and committed to on-going self-improvement.
* Initiate and participate in organizational efforts to improve overall group productivity and test effectiveness. Contribute to overall test strategies
WE ARE CISCO
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice