Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting...
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company connecting patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 20 on the Fortune 500.
We currently have a career opening for a Technical Lead Software Engineering.
The Supply Chain IT team enables technology solutions for order, warehouse and transportation management functions of Cardinal Health Pharmaceutical Distribution.? From more than 25 locations, the business securely and safely delivers one third of the U.S. pharmaceuticals through more than 28,000 deliveries per day.? The technology includes legacy order and warehouse management, Manhattan WMOS, Labor Management, and Transportation management, and regulatory solutions enabling ?Track and Trace? functionality throughout the Cardinal Health Pharmaceutical segment.
The Technical Lead Software Engineer will be responsible to:?
What Software Engineering contributes to Cardinal Health
- Lead technical design, implementation, and complex support for all applications and technologies that support the Track and Trace function in the Pharma segment.
- Coach, and mentor other software engineers within EIT.
- Support technologies such as .NET, JAVA, SQL Server, Avalanche, Perl scripting, Manhattan Associates WMOS, LM, TM, MIF (WebMethods), RFXCEL?s IRIS platform, new Verification Router Service (VRS), blockchain.
- Design the solutions to integrate technologies into a hybrid cloud environment using Google cloud technologies and AWS cloud technologies.
- Lead the technical design for customized applications around Track and Trace.
- Drive agile methodologies and DevSecOps knowledge and processes into team (employees and managed services partners).
- Work with various technologies to maintain strategic technical roadmap for the Track and Trace program, including integration to order and warehouse management solutions across the segment.
- Interface with EIT Shared Services (EITSS) and Enterprise Architecture (EA) teams routinely.
- Review and drive improvements to code quality and unit testing coverage.
- Review platform cost center expenses and seek out opportunities to optimize utilization to reduce costs.
- Review individual performance to maintain and improve team velocity.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and written.
Software Engineering is responsible for designing, developing, implementing and supporting applications, systems and IT products required to achieve the company's business objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development techniques and fluency in software languages and application programming interfaces.
- Demonstrates general understanding of hardware/software platforms including but not limited to operating systems, databases, application servers, web servers and integration technologies.
- Plans and executes system implementations that ensure success and minimize risk of system outages or other negative production impacts.
- Demonstrates conceptual knowledge of architecture standards and?database and operating systems.
- Demonstrates problem solving ability that allows for effective and timely resolution of system issues including but not limited to production outages.
- Analyzes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability and performance.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software development, life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
- Prior experience as a team lead, Senior Engineer leading software engineering team members in a successful implementation and ongoing execution.
- Experience mentoring and coaching others.
- Proven software engineering background with .NET, JAVA, SQL server, Perl scripting, Kotlin
- Advanced programming and development experience within an application development environment
- Agile and DevSecOps experience
- Ability and aptitude for software development in cloud-based tools knowledge (either Google or AWS is ideal)
- Ability to navigate the organization, influence others, and build consensus for solution designs
- Extensive large/multi-technology project implementation experience required
- Bachelor?s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.