The speed at which the Data Centers needs to respond to downtimes or software and hardware upgrades is shortening. Here at Cisco's Data Center business unit, we're facing this reality head-on with a software-defined strategy based on programmable, automated services through well-defined APIs augmented by Network Insights visualization tools. In support of this transformation, we are looking for an experienced and talented technical development leader who will be part of our Data Center team. What You'll Do
You will be responsible for leading a talented group of software engineers accountable for both creating and integrating software modules & APIs in the delivery of full stack services in a multi-cloud environment. This includes accountability for both front-end and back-end development in both ACI and Standalone environments.
• Lead and Manage a software development team through agile software development.
• Architecture and implementation of back-end services and front-end experiences for Network Insights Applications.
• Contributing to the product as required by writing code directly or providing guidance in overcoming challenges, technical leader for the team.
• Setting the tone for the team by instilling a culture of SDLC best practices and standards that focuses on quality.
• Lead technical discussions and provide innovation to improve services.
• Work with various multi-functional groups to provide solutions to solve issues or implement new technologies which brings value to the team.
• Provide leadership in various scrums to ensure commitments are delivered.
• Provide executive level updates. Who You'll Work With
You will work with a talented pool of leaders, engineers and developers all committed to transforming how data center operates. The team has a single goal to be best in the industry and help Cisco deliver insightful applications to it's customers. Challenges are opportunities and the Data Center organization is making those opportunities a reality each and every day! Who You Are
Innovative, creative and willing to take risks. You're known as someone who is ambitious, sets high expectations for yourself and delivers results that matter. You enjoy life to the fullest and are passionate about making a difference in the world through your work, at the office and serving the community around you. You have experience and a passion for software design, development, architecture, testing and prototyping. You follow agile development principles and best practices and believe in the importance of code quality. Solving client problems through collaboration and continuous feedback is clearly understood. You value open and direct communications within your team and believe in a culture of diversity.
Our minimum requirements are:
• B.S total 10+ years relevant experience.
- A minimum 3 years of hands-on and/or functional management experience (coaching/mentoring/performance feedback).
• Knowledge of CI/CD tools with experience in agile development methodologies
• Knowledge of API services and integration
- MUST have experience writing code for large-scale production environments: (front-end frameworks: React or Angular).
- MUST have solid back-end coding and understanding of modern web frameworks.
- Are adaptable and versatile, but also understand the business necessity of schedules, estimates, and deadlines.
- MUST have solid experience working closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams.
• Experience in software architecture, design, build and test
• Expertise in Python / Java languages
• Strong command on Docker Containers, Container orchestration, Database queries, Kafka messaging.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership
• Ability to effectively communicate information to technical and non-technical end users.
• Desire and willingness to stay on top of emerging technologies.
- Architect and design product features for both SaaS and on premise offerings with focus on maintainability, extensibility, scalability, and low operational cost. Undertake proof-of-concept work where required.
- Familiarity with contemporary open source frameworks/libraries used in building RESTful services and distributed systems.
• Prior experience and exposure to Data center networking technologies.
• Experience with cloud provider services like AWS, Azure, Google is a big plus.
• DevOps experience is a huge plus.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool.