Boston, USACircle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping p...
Boston, USACircle is a global internet finance company, built on blockchain technology, powered by crypto assets, and dedicated to helping people everywhere create and share value. We ve already made sending money around the world free and easy using blockchain technology with Circle Pay. With Circle Invest, we re expanding our offerings with a cryptocurrency investment product, enabling anyone to buy and sell crypto assets. Through Circle Trade, we re market makers for the top crypto coins and offer OTC trading services. In March 2018, Circle acquired Poloniex, one of the world's leading token marketplaces. Circle is thrilled to announce this critical new opening on our fast-growing team. In this role, you will vet the quality of token projects with a specific focus on their implementation and evaluate the long term viability of the project including its choice of platform, stability, speed, cost, ability to scale to exchange-level transaction volume, documentation, level of development activity, quality of testing and openness to audits. You will also help devise qualitative and quantitative metrics for token assessment, including scalable methods for judging code quality (e. g. automated git reputation scoring or similarly themed methods) to judge a project s future stability and promise. Given the evolving nature of the crypto ecosystem, the ideal candidate will also assist in the ongoing design and optimization of this role and how we, as a company, select tokens for our platforms
What you'll work on
- Vet the quality of token projects, with a specific focus on their implementation
- Evaluate the long term viability of the project, including its choice of platform, stability, speed, cost, ability to scale to exchange-level transaction volume, documentation, level of development activity, quality of testing and openness to audits
- Assess the robustness of the team s attention to detecting and preventing fraudulent activity
- Gauge the quality of each project s engineering team in terms of its background as well as accessibility and willingness to address issues and need for ongoing support
- Help devise qualitative and quantitative metrics for token assessment, including scalable methods for judging code quality, e. g. automated git reputation scoring or similarly themed methods to judge a project s future stability and promise
- Present our internal engineering team with a thorough assessment of the quality of the project, its tech, the strength and scalability of its wallet architecture, vulnerability to fraud, and so on.
- Contribute to non-digital asset business development work on an as-needed basis; for more conventional business development projects that require technical vetting, help evaluate quality of partner APIs, guide partners on the use of our API, evaluate technical robustness of partners platforms, and the like
What you'll bring to Circle
- Experience coding or in business environments in which you have developed a keen and trusted ability to judge the quality of a project s code
- A strong reputation in the crypto developer ecosystem such that innovators will want to impress you with the idea behind, and quality of, their projects. The ideal candidate will possess such a reputation because of having been a creator of or contributor to existing or past projects.
- A track record of speaking to a variety of audiences - both evangelizing in public and engaging internal technical teams
- An innate desire to research and learn and an ongoing voracious curiosity to read token project white papers.
- The ability to analyze and synthesize data to develop hypotheses about the viability of a given project and to help make decisions about Circle s future relationship with that project
- A history of maintaining a clear list of, and adhering to, priorities. This is essential given the volume of noise from inbound global interest of projects that wish to be listed on Circle platforms
- An inherent desire to work and collaborate with others, both internally and externally
- Can toggle between working with outside developers as well as institutional investors, as needed as this role evolves.
- Undergraduate degree required, graduate degree preferred but not necessary
- 5+ years of experience, at least 2 of which has been spent mediating between outside parties and internal constituents to get things done
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organization skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Analogous experience that involved the kind of research this role will require with respect to reading and digesting project whitepapers
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Check us out at circle. com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today. We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.