Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets including common sto...
Our direct client, a Top Tier Brokerage Firm, offering an electronic trading platform for the trade of financial assets including common stocks, preferred stocks, futures contracts, exchange-traded funds, options, cryptocurrency, mutual funds, and fixed-income investments, is looking for a Technical Architect for a long term contract in their St. Louis, MO corporate location.
At First Tier Technology, we believe the core strength of our organization lies with the people who are our most valuable assets and enablers of success. We view ourselves as enablers and providers of a positive and supportive environment, which motivates our employees, facilitates achievement, and creates consistent and high levels of performance. Our clients are some of the most highly regarded Financial Services & Investment Banks in the US!
Role: Technical Architect
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: Long term contract (1-year ++)
Skills: Technical Architect, Open Source Applications, Frameworks, Restful APIs, API Gateways, API Catalogs, API Developer Portals, Public Cloud, PCF environment.
Application architects enable the organization's application development and deployment environment by providing strategic coordination as well as tactical governance aligning to organizational goals around quality, speed to market, maintainability, and innovation. They focus on initiatives requiring significant collaboration across multiple teams or business lines, needing new technologies (e.g. messaging/middleware, caching, persistence, containerization, and micro-services), or require improvements to architectural characteristics. In addition, as a thought leader across multiple teams and domains, they make significant contributions to key elements of the application architecture by building and maintaining a strong working relationship with internal and external partners. Application architects also work closely with Security, Data, and Technology architecture domains to provide a cross-discipline view that aligns the domains to the application development and deployment environment.
- Create/update application architecture patterns, standards, guidance, and reference models in architecture repository to enable secure, efficient, reliable, resilient application delivery.
- Identify gaps or underperforming elements of the application architecture in order to create backlogs and roadmaps to address significant areas of concern.
- Ensure project and team engagements meet organizational and architecture principles and standards.
- Partner with all architecture domains in order to collaborate and contribute to architecture deliverables and artifacts published from other domains.
- Create/maintain service catalog maximizing reusability for core capabilities across delivery channels by harvesting opportunities for reuse and building new core capabilities.
- Participate in developer and architecture community forums in order to spread knowledge and build relationships.
- Evaluate emerging technologies for adoption seeking opportunities to use technologies to provide new capabilities or significant improvements to existing capabilities
- provided by Dice