At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownersh...
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you'll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
We are seeking a creative, hands-on, hardworking engineer to be a member of the Innovation Lab's IT Tech Strategy Team. As a Technical Lead, you will be working on a wide range of Innovation Projects such as Mobile Application Development, Full Stack Development, Machine Learning and Blockchain! You will be using ground breaking open source frameworks, all on the cloud (AWS/GCP). You will bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: Machine Learning, Data Engineering and AWS Cloud Formation Templates/Terraform Scripts /Ansible Playbooks, Kubernetes, Docker, NoSql databases and Bitbucket, Spring Boot, Node.js, React Native, REST, JSON, HTML5, CSS, Selenium, NGINX, Kubernetes, Express, Chef, Docker, NoSql databases and Git/Github/Bitbucket. You will be fully utilizing AWS with services such as Cloud Formation Templates, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, Route53, CloudFront, API Gateway(Apigee), and many more!
The iLabs (Innovation Labs) Tech Strategy team supports business teams to innovate in the secondary mortgage business by evolving ideas into experiments/concepts into products through Lean Product Development and Agile Methodologies.
In this role, you will be working on the latest cutting edge tools and technologies as a first mover based on technology trends and in alignment with business objectives. You will be researching, learning and implementing innovative, creative and cost effective ways to safely introduce new technologies to the Freddie Mac environment.
* AWS or GCP Data Engineer/ Cloud Developer/ ML Engineer Certifications
* 4+ years of experience in GCP primarily in Machine Learning, DialogFlow (Chatbot), Cloud Functions, Terraform Scripts
* 4+ years of experience in AWS - Cloud Formation Templates
* 5+ years of experience in database technologies - MongoDB, Snowflake, Hadoop, EMR
* 2+ Experience developing with large microservice-based architectures, container orchestration frameworks: Kubernetes/Amazon EKS
* 4+ years of experience in Python (NumPy, SciPy, scikit-learn, pandas, Theras, Theano,plotly) and any other open source programming languages for large scale data analysis and Machine Learning
* 2+ years of experience using DevOps (CI/CD) Jenkins, Github, Bitbucket, Spinaker, Junit, Selenium, Cucumber JS unit testing library
* 8+ years of overall software development experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or IT
Keys to Success in this Role:
* GCP/AWS Machine Learning (Python)
* GCP Terraform Templates & AWS Cloud Formation Templates
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you'll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit and register with our referral code: MAC.
Job Category:Information Technology