Location: One the following US cities: CA-San Jose, CA-Los Angeles, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, NY-New York
Company is a Web Development Services Company based in Dallas, Texas, and are seeking a Technical Lead to join our team act as a liaison between web developers and our clients. You will be working with our skilled team of developers and product managers. Our Clients consists of Blockchain/Cryptocurrency Organizations, Digital Esports Platforms, and Internal Firm Services Organizations.
The founders of the organization are gamers at heart, and have built multiple premium web applications within the Esports and competitive gaming industry since 2012.
You'll be responsible for establishing the technical vision with the Solution Architect team and managing developers (both onshore/offshore) to turn the vision into reality with an on-time and quality implementation.
The Tech Lead team supports concept development, product planning/estimation, and works with the Product Management team to drive product development as a critical member of a product leadership team. The Tech Lead team is expected to have full stack development experience utilizing agile development techniques/methodologies. In addition the Tech Lead team is responsible for working with multiple disciplines within the software development lifecycle (UI/UX, Product, Management, QA Testing & DevOps).
· Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 in software development with at last 1 year leading developers in delivery of software products.
· Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in modern software engineering approaches, technologies, and tools, including the following areas:
· Cloud-ready architectures utilizing infrastructure and platform cloud services for AWS, GCP, or Azure;
· Event-driven and microservices architectures;
· Big Data or Analytics or AI tools;
· DevOps including virtualization, automation, continuous integration;
· Mobile/Web architecture stacks;
· Polyglot Persistence including RDBMS/NoSQL data stores and appropriate use cases;
· Rapid-prototyping workflows and development tools;
· Frameworks/Libraries such as Angular, React, D3;
· Database including noSQL (mongo, neo4j, firebase), relational (mySQL, postgres);
· Configuration Management such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform;
· Messaging such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, GraphQL; and,
· Containers including Docker, Kubernetes.
· Communicating, verbally and written, with both business and technical stakeholders to achieve product engineering objectives;
· Working across all aspects of a technology solution such as integration, data, services, front-end, back-end, network, deployment, scaling, security, performance and development;
· Managing rapid prototyping efforts with new and emerging technologies leveraging agile development techniques;
· Contributing to design of successful technical/integration architectures for large scale platforms with a mix of 3rd party vendor, open-source, custom software, including the documentation of technical assumptions and decisions;
· Contributing to and managing incubators/innovation lab environments, as well as working with small teams across a variety of new and emerging technologies;
· Working in an environment that leverages project management skills such as planning and tracking, issue and risk management, multitasking, team organization, and activity prioritization; and,
A technical lead will
· Provide and communicate unified technical vision for software products and breaks down vision into tangible tasks for developers
· Lead by demonstration of technical expertise (i.e. hands-on) across full technology stack (front-end, back-end, data modeling, 3rd party integration)
· Manage performance of offshore and onshore developers through effective task breakdown,
management, prioritization, and alignment of work to resource capabilities
· Scale team productivity by decomposing user stories and features into individual units of work
· Directly contribute with written code and provides code reviews to ensure adherence to solution design
· Participate in the cost estimation process by recommending the skills and numbers of developers required, and by performing effort estimation given product requirements
· Coordinate with customer, product team disciplines (e.g. UX/UI, DevOps, QA) and other product-related teams to build, test, and deploy software products
· Identify technical risks and and proactively address issues that may have an impact on service levels or schedules
· Understand and apply agile software development techniques/methodologies to effect continuous quality improvement across people and processes
· Maintain responsibility for the quality and viability of software engineering deliverables by providing recommendations on technical solution including design, build/buy decisions, open-source tooling, etc.
· Collaborate with New Venture Product Engineering, and other Tech Leads to define the design, development, and support toolsets and processes to improve the overall efficacy of product teams
*Compensation is negotiable and depends on experience.
You will be working with our skilled team of developers and product managers. Our Clients consists of Blockchain/Cryptocurrency Organizations, Digital Esports Platforms, and Internal Firm Services Organizations.