At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and se...
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
AI, Cloud, Blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT)-IBM does more than just create these smart technologies. We are helping hundreds of businesses "put smart to work" across all fields, from cybersecurity and supply chain to farming and the arts.
The IBM Finance & Operations organization is a data and results oriented team responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of the enterprise delivering IBM's financial strategy, developing new business models, and helping IBMers work smarter.
IBM is seeking to fill co-op position in IBM Tax. Our co-op model allows students the competitive opportunity to work as a Tax Analyst beyond a 10-week internship program. During this 10 month assignment you will gain a unique and in-depth understanding of how our global business operates. Co-ops lead a group called 'BlueWaves' and are exposed to a network of executives, peers and IBMers worldwide. The Tax Analyst Co-op must be able to work 40 hours per week throughout the course of the 10-month coop.
Specific roles and responsibilities will vary with the individual positions. However, you will be expected to analyze and interpret large volumes of data and report your financial analysis findings. You will be immersed in the operations of your assigned area and exposed to many aspects of the business and many of the basic functions of the company. Your work will help identify recommendations necessary for IBM to continue to be the world's most essential corporation.
Are you eager to learn from others? Are you open to new ideas? Do you enjoy collaborating globally, using data analytics to provide actionable insights and have a passion to drive innovation? Then we ask you: are you ready to join the company that has become essential to the world, driven by that same passion?
* Perform reconciliations of tax returns for multiple tax years
* Gather documentation from IBM's systems to support tax audits and monthly use tax reports
* Review tax law to determine taxability of audited transactions
* Contact IBM vendors to request invoices and other documentation in support of tax audits
* Respond to Personal Property Tax customer inquiries.
* Review, print and approve Personal Property Tax payments.
* Review and send out Personal Property Tax returns and extensions.
* Perform Ad-hoc requests as needed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Strong background in Microsoft Excel / Microsoft Office Suite
* Leadership experience
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Currently enrolled in an accredited university
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Prior Tax experience