About Founder's CPA
Founder's CPA is an industry-leading accounting firm located in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting, tax, ...
About Founder's CPA
Founder's CPA is an industry-leading accounting firm located in Chicago that focuses on outsourced accounting, tax, and CFO services for venture-backed startups in the blockchain, FinTech, and SaaS industries. Our breadth of service offerings leverages technology adoption and streamlined processes to deliver tailored accounting solutions to each one of our clients' unique needs. We refuse to accept the inefficient and burdensome "old school" approach to accounting and offer a modern approach that improves the client experience. This approach enables us to provide deeper and more meaningful value in our role as a trusted advisor.
We believe in an outcomes-based approach to work and emphasize individual accountability and outputs as the best measurements of effectiveness. We're looking for curious and reliable team members who deliver an exceptional work product that they're proud to put their name on.
Founder's CPA has grown at a rapid pace since 2017 and offers an exciting opportunity for candidates to be part of building an innovative accounting firm.
What You'll Do
As a valued member of our team, you will be tasked with providing tax services to our client base. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation & review of corporate 1120 tax returns
- Preparation & review of partnership 1065 tax returns
- Preparation & review of s-corporation 1120S tax returns
- Preparation & review of individual 1040 tax returns & Schedule C
- Calculating gains & losses for cryptocurrency mining, staking, trading, and DeFi transactions for both individuals and companies
- R&D tax credit studies & calculations
- Tax research and planning projects (i.e. state tax nexus studies, notice resolution)
Who You Are
The ideal candidate exhibits the following skills and/or characteristics:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or similar field
- A borderline unhealthy obsession with being organized
- Keen attention to detail (do you notice when little things are off and does it bother you?!)
- Strong communication skills
- Natural curiosity and a strong desire to learn new skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem-solving skills-- do you believe you can find the answer to anything if you just look hard enough?
- Professionalism and commitment to exceptional communication and client service
- Tech-savvy and able to quickly learn new systems
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, ProConnect, ProSystems fx a plus
- Experience with Cointracking.info & cryptocurrency tax topics is a plus
- CPA is preferred but not necessary
- Experience in tax research using Bloomberg research tools is a plus
- Casual dress
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive compensation and benefits package, including profit sharing bonuses
- Autonomy of work and ability to grow quickly within the company
- A company culture that places emphasis on work-life balance and individual career goals
- Opportunity to work on a variety of innovative clients in emerging industries
This position is for immediate hire, paid commensurate with the candidate's experience.