Job Description Embrace Home Loans has embarked upon a strategic initiative to improve its organizational agility. The desired result of thi...
Job Description Embrace Home Loans has embarked upon a strategic initiative to improve its organizational agility. The desired result of this endeavor is to enable Embrace to identify externally and internally opportunities and rapidly execute actions to benefit from the opportunities. The company will be re-designing processes, systems, and evolve the EHL culture to build a fast-moving harmonized people, process and technology engine. The role of the Systems Transformation Head will be to envision, lead and navigate the EHL organization through this journey.
This undertaking will require a balanced blend of technology and business savvy with a deep understanding of software solutions development methods (waterfall, iterative, Agile, etc.) and an intrinsic understanding of organizational change management.
The successful candidate will often need to adopt a hands-on approach, tempered with coaching and mentoring of next level down leaders and peers across the organization to bring them to a state of readiness and accountability to transform to a clear, empowered and accountable culture within a supportive management environment.
This change has started, and many learnings made, but the best days in the company s journey towards enterprise agility lay ahead.
The profile EHL is looking for is likely to possess the following experience, characteristics, and traits.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A successful track record of leading technology intensive transformational business change, particularly involving omnichannel customer-facing processes and systems.
- Medium and large company experience, in more than one organization, leading software applications development teams.
- Experience in Data and Analytics would be a plus.
- Individuals who have held roles in multiple IT departments including strategy, planning, application development and production operations would also be attractive.
- Extensive experience adapting and deploying formal project management frameworks such a PMBOK, PRINCE2 as well as software development methodologies for Waterfall and Agile implementations. The successful candidate must have demonstrated the ability to take multiple formal methods and combine, adapt and scale them for practical, effective consumption across teams with low levels of process discipline maturity.
- Individuals having started as a business analyst and software developer, and worked their way up the management ranks would be a plus.
People and Leadership:
- A clear understanding of object-oriented application development and software engineering principles is a must.
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of data and analytics modeling techniques is highly desirable.
- The candidate must be able to stay apprised of key technology trends such as Cloud, Mobile, Digital Marketing, Big Data, Blockchain, AI, and Automation.
- The individual must understand what the architecture of an Agile technology infrastructure to enable fast integration of recent technology in a flexible manner allowing for experimentation, adjustment, and replacement in the least disruptive manner.
- The leader must understand how to build a cohesive multi-sourced team, comprised of internal staff and 3rd parties to allow emerging best practices and new technologies to be understood, evaluated, incubated, and deployed, while not jeopardizing the smooth operation of the production environment or risking corruption, theft or compromise of protected informational assets.
- Specifically, the leader must be skilled in supplier contract management and negotiation.
Expected Results (6-12 months):
- The leader must be able to adapt their communications, style, content and messaging for different audiences both vertically and horizontally across the organization.
- A consultative and coaching style, combined with curiosity to constantly learn and improve both self, superiors, peers, and subordinates in a humble yet confident manner, would be ideal.
- A leadership style skilled in situational management and measurement-based techniques (data, facts) combined with the human touch is required.
- The leader needs to be a goal-based direction setter without appearing dictatorial. The leader should value team commitment over compliance while making those tradeoffs as necessary to progress quickly.
- The leader must be adept at clarifying roles, responsibilities, and accountabilities across the organization beyond IT and to drive effective, expedient decision making.
- Clearly delineated methodologies and tools to enable fast development, deployment and ongoing support of software applications
- Examples of consistent, reproducible successful deployments of new software, and updates to current systems. The primary measure of this will be formal feedback from the EHL business team.
- An architectural blueprint for and agile technology infrastructure to allow rapid deployment of new packaged and custom technology offerings. A schematic and narrative of core systems, middleware and test automation infrastructure. Implementation of prioritized elements of the blueprint.
- An incubation lab to enable evaluation of new technologies and systems.
- Implementation of a business aligned multi-sourced organizational model and clear definition of skills required for internal staff and positioning of key suppliers.
- Definition and Implementation of a cloud strategy to enable use of cloud infrastructure in a secure environment.
- Implementation of a governance framework to manage day to day system performance, problem and service tickets.
- Implementation of a governance framework to prioritize and manage technology investments.
Additional Information Benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company-paid Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Life & Short-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Automatic Enrollment, first of the quarter, following your six month anniversary
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Concierge/Referral Service
*Medical, Dental, and Life benefits commence on the first of the month following the date of hire. Embrace Home Loans, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer