Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That's the opportunity that's waiting for you at General Dynamics ...
Help make the technologies, products and services that make a difference. That's the opportunity that's waiting for you at General Dynamics Mission Systems. We help our nation's heroes keep our nation safe by creating solutions so advanced, they redefine innovation for the world. It's an amazing challenge. And it's waiting for you now.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers' missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
As a member of our Cyber Security team, the System Cybersecurity Engineer supports the system security design effort, security requirements analysis, and security requirements down to the program elements. Utilizing your expert knowledge of cyber security technology and trends, you will execute the development of program required security documentation to support the generation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) (or Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation).
Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
What you'll experience:
- Technologies that aren't just top-notch, they're often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what's next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge - as it's discovered
What you bring to the table:
- A Bachelor's of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Fully proficient understanding of cyber security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), DIACAP, STIGs and other government security specifications and guidelines
- Fully proficient use and understanding of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to communicate confidently with senior leadership of internal security work groups
This is an opportunity to collaborate with agile teams, working within a DevSecOps environment using the latest and best industry practices for architecture, software development, and automated CI/CD pipelines. The applications being developed are mission critical, and essential to national defense. Join our mission!