What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an ambitious and driven pre-sales Systems Architect/Engineer to lead co-development engineering engagements with...
What You'll Do
Cisco seeks an ambitious and driven pre-sales Systems Architect/Engineer to lead co-development engineering engagements with large Service Provider (SP) and Enterprise customers.
This is a highly technical (pre-sales) position that supports the Sales organization working directly with the Technology Innovation and Incubation (Ti2) team within the Americas Sales team, and running all the technical aspects of pre-sales activities for our Automation and Orchestration software. This position has minimal post-sales support.
You will be responsible for presenting, demonstrating, designing solutions, co-development, feature planning and organization to pursue the Multi-Cloud, Automation and Orchestration needs from one of the most influential companies in the world. You should be highly accomplished with solution architecture, SDN, Virtualization technologies, Cloud providers and software development experience.
What You'll Work With
As a Systems Architect, you will provide guidance and assistance to the account teams designing production automation solutions, manage on-prem and public cloud orchestration and workloads, to address specific needs of our customers.
A couple of the primary technology trends including large scale automation/operations with programmability and Multi-Cloud solutions. We are seeing many ideas and enquiries to migrate to a design that can support multiple vendors and domains for a large-scale engagement. The SA would need to help innovate, position, align, test and sell architectures that enable the Cisco strategy in a scalable, programmable and secure way.
Who You Are
You have deep technical pre-sales experience. Development experience preferred. BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification is helpful. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, consultative skills ambitious interpersonal skills required. You can work effectively, chip in as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team. You can understand complex technical and selling situations and you the ability to seek the problem or solicit the required resources. You are a self-starter, act as an industry authority guide, and strive to align Cisco with large Service Providers and Enterprises to maximize customer value.
Additional requirements include:
- Sales and presentation skills are required
- The ability and comfort level to present easily to customer architects, engineers, managers and executives and effective deliver the value of Cisco's solutions and how it solves customer's problems or achieves their business goals.
- Effective Communication across different functions and organization within Cisco
- A desire to work with account teams on strategy, architecture and design of the customer's automation, orchestration and multi-cloud needs
- Desire and ideas to Cisco engineering leaders to co-develop products or software solutions directly for customers.
- Build, present and document technical solutions for in-depth and high-level engagement with customers, Cisco engineering and other prospects
- Participate in the writing of requirement documents and test plans
- Support the sales engagements by building complex solutions in a lab environment
- Deep understanding of Enterprise and Service Provider architectures
- Routing standards and technologies such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF, SR, MPLS etc. - advantage
- Understanding of network automation with on one or more of the following: NetConf, gRPC, YANG modeling, OpenConfig, gNMI etc.
- Development experience and/or knowledge in Python, Go, REST, Ansible
- Experience and understanding in network and infrastructure monitoring and operations
- Cloud computing experience, AWS certification (or similar from GCP/Azure) - advantage
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. - provided by Dice