* Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
* Education: Bachelor's Degree
* Job Function: Project and Program Management
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Project and Program Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID:
The Global Data & Digital Strategy group (GD&DS) is a team of motivated and resourceful strategy professionals, focused on driving Citi's data and digital agenda across all our businesses and markets. The team provides cross-Citi coordination, acceleration and expertise in support of Citi's transformation to a digital-first and data led institution. The team's mandate comprises four primary areas:
(1) Global Data Office -Drive and accelerate adoption of Data2020 Strategy including strategy and governance support, senior sector stakeholder relationship management, ownership of all Board and Executive Management deliverables, and conducting program value assessments
(2) Global Digital Office - Align, track, coordinate and accelerate Citi's Digital progress and agenda and provide visibility and oversight for Senior Leadership on Citi's digital transformation
(3) Digital Capabilities - Drive understanding, adoption, and coordination of next- gen data and digital technologies across the enterprise (e.g. AI/ Advanced Analytics, Big-data, API, Blockchain)
(4) Communications & Marketing - Develop a visionary brand around Citi's data & digital strategy and capabilities and amplify awareness of these capabilities across stakeholders to accelerate their widespread adoption and use
The candidate will support the core objectives of the team including end-to-end ownership of key deliverables including Citi's Digital Scorecard, Competitive Benchmarking analysis and have operational responsibility Citi's Digital Governance Office. This individual will also be responsible for the management of multiple cross-Citi next-gen technology communities (i.e. Blockchain, API's, / Open Banking, Digital Identity).
The candidate will be an independent performer with the ability to drive projects from start to finish with limited supervision. This position will have a high degree of exposure to different businesses across Citi and require direct stakeholder engagement with senior executives across the firm. To that end, the candidate should have a high degree of comfort and experience developing and presenting client-ready documents and engaging with senior business leaders.
As the team operates in an unpredictable and high demand environment, the candidate will need to be prepared to respond to unexpected deliverable requests with a short turnaround time and with a high quality output. This position is well-suited for individuals who are able to deal with unstructured and complex problems and a desire to operate at a global level, with a high degree of Senior Management exposure. A desire to learn multiple aspects of banking and adapt to a steep learning curve is important, as the team engages in a wide breadth of digital topics across the organization.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
· Superior strategy professional, with the ability to conceptualize abstract problems, design analytical requirements and comprehend the implications
· Experience presenting work materials and collaborating with senior level leadership
· Creative problem solver who can think 'out of the box' with strong business acumen
· Powerful communicator with the ability to convey thoughts effectively and succinctly. Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint is critical for this role.
· Strong expertise in conducting quantitative analysis , leveraging excel and other tools for analytical "heavy-lifting"
· Ability to synthesize analytical results and tailor executive briefings - including the Chief Executive Office, the Board, and other operating senior executives
· Support cross-Citi events and meetings, including liaising with different stakeholders, preparing presentation materials, and coordinating content updates
· Support thought leadership to develop view points on key Financial Services and digital trends
· Strong team player who places the best interests of the organization above personal objectives
· Minimal travel, 1-3 trips annually Qualifications
· 10+ years' Strategy Consulting / Corporate Strategy experience (at least 2 years at a top Strategy Consultancy)
· Domain expertise in the areas of big-data and advanced analytics and their potential applications and challenges in banking
· Robust understanding of digital trends and implications across banks, technology companies and FinTechs
· Global experience, having worked / consulted internationally, including both developed and emerging markets insights
· Experience managing project teams with members from around the world
· Experience in the digital, banking and payments industries
· Outstanding communication and engagements skills.
· Undergraduate degree in relevant domain required (e.g. Business, Engineering, Economics); Top-tier MBA preferred SVP Global Data & Digital Strategy