The SVP, Accounting & Finance will report to the CFO and lead the global Accounting, Financial Operations, & Tax teams as w...
The SVP, Accounting & Finance will report to the CFO and lead the global Accounting, Financial Operations, & Tax teams as we scale from a high growth company to a global, public institution. Our business is dynamic and growing in terms of size and complexity, thus we are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative and motivated individual to join the team and to quickly take on the below responsibilities. In addition to the Accounting, Finance & Tax teams, you'll interact with other internal clients including Regulatory, Compliance, Legal, Operations and Senior Management. You will implement and maintain a system of internal controls that will ensure that company assets are adequately safeguarded and that all financial reporting is prepared in compliance with all financial policies and GAAP and submitted to various regulatory agencies on time (e.g. SEC, FINRA, FCA, and state regulators.
What you'll be doing primarily:
- Implement public company risk management framework, corporate governance and internal controls.
- Manage and scale a number of accounting, reporting and tax functions as we grow.
- Accounting/Reporting - responsible for continued implementation and management of accounting structures, methods, systems, controls, operating procedures and technical accounting and reporting requirements. Financial Reporting Compliance - ensure firm maintains full compliance with all financial reporting requirements.
- Planning/Forecasting - work with head of FP&A to develop budgets, dashboards, etc. for the board and investors.
- Treasury/Tax - lead the evaluation, analysis and execution of capital management, treasury operations and other finance related projects such as tax planning and compliance.
- External Relationships - Build external relationships with key stakeholders (banks, auditors, insurance brokers, etc.) and will also take part in the negotiation of complex client contracts.
- Corporate Development - potentially take a leadership role in the analysis, execution and integration of mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures.
- Current financial professional with 15+ years of financial experience, with at least 5 years' experience of management as a head of accounting or finance
- Senior level experience with a public company
- Successful track record of building teams and organizations in high-growth environments
- Possess strong US GAAP, Management Accounting, and FP&A experience
- Financial services or software industry experience
- Strong writing skills to draft presentations and MD&A section of financial statements
- Driven, energetic with entrepreneurial mindset
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. CPA, CFA or MBA preferred
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency markets is an advantage but not required