Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in...
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes tobe a leader.
Business Consulting (BC) - OperationsTransformation, Supply Chain Senior Associate
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals areprogressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so ourclients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holisticsolutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technicaldepth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Consulting & Technology practice transforms value. Our Business consulting & Technology(BC&T) practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy &Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy & Management and TechnologySolutions.
We help our clients achieve businessoutcomes, transforming their value to become agile, forward-thinkingorganizations that are ready for the disruptions in the market that the futurewill bring. Business Consulting Services protects value while drivinggrowth. Our Business Consulting Servicespractice consists of Finance Transformation, Operations Transformation,Strategy & Transfor-mation, Digital Technology & Management, and BusinessApplications.
The Supply Chain practice is a rapidlygrowing practice group within the Operations Transformation Practice that serves clients in multiple industrysectors, e.g. Consumer & Industrial Products, Healthcare, Life Sciences,Financial Services, etc. The sixcore solution offerings include Supply Chain Strategy & Transformation,Integrated Demand & Supply Planning, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, SupplyChain Operations, Supply Chain Analytics & Visibility, and Tax EffectiveSupply Chain Management.
Asa Senior Associate within the Supply Chain Practice, you will helporganizations proactively shape and implement their overall supply chainstrategy and supporting initiatives. Specific to client interaction, you will play a key role in the deliveryof supply chain engagements and work with chief supply chain officers, chiefoperating officers, chief financial officers, and other senior client leadersto demonstrate your supply chain subject matter expertise as we seek to helpthem implement supply chain solutions in support of their broader supply chainstrategy and goal of creating value.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Leverage subjectmatter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to our coresupply chain solution offerings to lead the delivery of major supply chaintransformation initiatives that will include process improvement,implementation of enabling technology, and organizational redesign for ourclients.
* Meet or exceedtargeted billing hours (utilization).
* Maintain a goodworking relationship with clients and work effectively with client managementand staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and becomea trusted business advisor.
* Communicate(verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with alllevels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portrayingknowledge and confidence.
* Lead as a supply chain subject matter expertinternally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thought leadership andcreative approaches to solving client issues.
* Build on clientrelationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of clientrelationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
* Proactively identify issues on your engagement andcommunicate recommended solutions to your engagement manager.
* Perform at maximumefficiency without sacrificing quality of the professional services you willdeliver.
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management orOperations Research, or related field. AMaster's degree is strongly preferred.
* 4 plus years of related work experience witha minimum of 2 years in a similar consulting practice providing supply chainservices.
* Multiple instances of client project deliveryexperience in at least 2 of these areas:
* Supply ChainStrategy & Transformation
* IntegratedDemand & Supply Planning
* StrategicSourcing & Procurement
* Supply ChainOperations
* Supply ChainAnalytics & Visibility
* Prior implementationexperience with supply chain systems (Oracle Supply Chain Cloud, ToolsGroup,JDA, Infor, Llamasoft, Ariba, Basware, Coupa, Logility, Arkieva, Kinaxis, NCR,Elementum, etc.)
* Prior experiencewith large scale supply chain transformation projects that were part of abroader ERP project.
* Supply chainrelated project experience involving the implementation of AI, IoT, RPA,Blockchain, or Machine Learning is desired.
* Supply chain certificationssuch as APICS CSCP.
* Six Sigmacertifications preferred, e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt.
* Proficient dataanalytics and modeling skills.
* Experience withTableau, Power BI, or other similar analytics tools and SQL.
* Excellent verbaland written communication.
* Ability to workadditional hours on occasion in support of client sales or delivery efforts.
* Ability to travelas needed to meet with clients.
* Travel that can range from 40% - 80% in anygiven week
* Approved office locations include - Charlotte,Atlanta, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver,Bellevue
GrantThornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers anextensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) isthe U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world'sleading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. GrantThornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices acrossthe U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United Statesand at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- andprivately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, andcivic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer andindustrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, andtechnology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursuegrowth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, missionfulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employmentopportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting,hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are madewithout regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state or local law.