Different finds inspiration in the most unexpected places. Different rethinks, reimagines, and reinvents. Lenovo is the #1 global provider o...
Different finds inspiration in the most unexpected places. Different rethinks, reimagines, and reinvents. Lenovo is the #1 global provider of supercomputers, #226 on the Fortune 500 list, and #26 on Gartner?s Top Supply Chains. It?s not just about being different. It's about being better.
About our Team:
If you are a thinker, risk-takers, and problem solver, we would love for you to join our Lenovo Data Center Group as a summer intern in our Global Supply Chain Rotational Program. The team is responsible for end-to-end execution within the supply chain handling quote to delivery and everything in between. We are working to integrate new technology such as Blockchain, artificial intelligence and big data into the process and day-to-day lives. With dual headquarters in Beijing, China and in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina you are sure to bump into executives and senior leaders in the elevator, in the cafeteria or in one of our high competition corn hole tournaments.
There are many Engineering opportunities in the Global Supply Chain varying from roles in Procurement, Fulfillment, Packaging, and Operations. You will also gain exposure across multiple disciplines in our engineering organization such as Manufacturing, Test, Systems and Quality.
Interning at Lenovo will provide you with the opportunity to gain understanding of the organization, expand your network, find mentors, and to explore and attain new skills while gauging interest in multiple fields and roles. If you are looking for more than just an internship, this is a place for you to grow, develop and learn.
What You Will Do:
As a Global Supply Chain Engineering intern, you may have the opportunity to:
* Transform large data into meaningful insights
* Develop interactive dashboards on visualization tools with cross-functional teams
* Translate data analytics and findings into business recommendations and decisions
* Challenge existing engineering concepts and improving system processes
* Support decision-making by leveraging data analytics You definitely are:
* Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related
* An excellent student who has earned at least a GPA of 3.2
* Able to think critically and use your problem solving skills to determine the number of ping pong balls in a 10ft box
* Enthusiastic and eager to communicate with teammates from China, Scotland, and Mexico
* A team player with good interpersonal skills
* Eager to brainstorm fresh and creative approaches to problems
* Self-motivated and driven to perform across diverse work environments
* Unapologetically curious
It would be a plus if you:
* Have experience in using tools and software related to your major
* Are able to effectively and succinctly present your ideas
* Are a self-starter who can hit the ground running with some initial guidance
* Are willing to explore and try new things
In Data Center Group, we strive for success in all that we do and we understand the importance of creating an exciting work environment. We want you to succeed both professionally and personally. On our team you will enjoy social events, one-on-one meetings with mentors and leadership, site tours, and exposure to senior leadership. If you are seeking a team-oriented work culture, freedom to explore new opportunities, and want to be on the forefront of innovation, we encourage you to apply!
Have additional questions? Feel free to connect with us on LinkedIn or reach out to .
*Job ID #:* 68813
*Position Title:* Supply Chain Engineering Intern - Summer 2019
*Functional Area:* University
*Facility:* Corporate Office
*Relocation Provided:* No
*Education Required:* Bachelors Degree
*Experience Required:* Less than 1 year
*Travel Percent:* 10