Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in...
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes tobe a leader.
Business Consulting (BC) - OperationsTransformation, Supply Chain Director
Grant Thornton's Advisory professionals areprogressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform value today, so ourclients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holisticsolutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technicaldepth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Consulting & Technology practice transforms value. Our Business consulting & Technology(BC&T) practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy &Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy & Management and TechnologySolutions.
Wehelp our clients achieve business outcomes, transforming their value to becomeagile, forward-thinking organizations that are ready for the disruptions in themarket that the future will bring. Business Consulting Services protects valuewhile driving growth. Our BusinessConsulting Services practice consists of Finance Transformation, OperationsTransformation, Strategy & Transformation, Digital Technology &Management, and Business Applications.
TheSupply Chain practice is a rapidly growing practice group within the OperationsTransformation Practice that servesclients in multiple industry sectors, e.g. Consumer & Industrial Products,Healthcare, Life Sciences, Financial Services, etc. The six core solution offerings includeSupply Chain Strategy & Transformation, Integrated Demand & SupplyPlanning, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement, Supply Chain Operations, SupplyChain Analytics & Visibility, and Tax Effective Supply Chain Management.
As a Senior Manager / Director within the Supply ChainPractice, you will help organizations proactively shape and implement theiroverall supply chain strategy and supporting initiatives. You will assist with the continueddevelopment of the solutions we offer our clients. You will also play a vital role in the salesprocess as we continue to build our pipeline and win in the marketplace withclients. Specific to client interaction,you will lead the delivery of supply chain engagements and work with chiefsupply chain officers, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, andother senior client leaders to demonstrate your supply chain subject matterexpertise as we seek to help them implement supply chain solutions in supportof their broader supply chain strategy and goal of creating value. You will also coach our staff as they work onengagements and progress within the firm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Leverage subjectmatter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to our coresupply chain solution offerings to lead the delivery of major supply chaintransformation initiatives that will include process improvement,implementation of enabling technology, and organizational redesign for ourclients.
* Perform engagementmanagement responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation,project scheduling, project financials, quality review, and client management.
* Manage businessdevelopment activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers,conferences, and/or other thought leadership material.
* Meet or exceedsales targets for new and follow-on work.
* Meet or exceedtargeted billing hours (utilization).
* Maintain a goodworking relationship with clients and work effectively with client managementand staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and becomea trusted business advisor.
* Communicate(verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with alllevels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives while portrayingknowledge and confidence.
* Lead as a supply chain subject matter expertinternally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thought leadership andcreative approaches to solving client issues.
* Build on clientrelationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of clientrelationships and industry involvement and communicating our value proposition.
* Manage and minimize engagement delivery risk byproactively identifying issues and recommended courses of remediation toengagement teams.
* Manage, develop,train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagementand year-end reviews.
* Motivate others toperform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the professional servicesdelivered.
* Interview campusand/or experienced hire candidates.
* Other duties asassigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management orOperations Research, or related field. AMaster's degree is strongly preferred.
* 10 plus years of related work experience witha minimum of 3 years in a similar consulting practice providing supply chainservices.
* Multiple instances of client project deliveryexperience in at least 3 of these areas:
* Supply ChainStrategy & Transformation
* IntegratedDemand & Supply Planning
* StrategicSourcing & Procurement
* Supply ChainOperations
* Supply ChainAnalytics & Visibility
* Prior implementationexperience with supply chain systems (Oracle Supply Chain Cloud, ToolsGroup,JDA, Infor, Llamasoft, Ariba, Basware, Coupa, Logility, Arkieva, Kinaxis, NCR,Elementum, etc.)
* Prior experiencewith large scale supply chain transformation projects that were part of abroader ERP project.
* Supply chainrelated project experience involving the implementation of AI, IoT, RPA,Blockchain, or Machine Learning is desired.
* Supply chain certificationssuch as APICS CSCP.
* Six Sigmacertifications preferred, e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt.
* Proficient dataanalytics and modeling skills.
* Experience withTableau, Power BI, or other similar analytics tools and SQL.
* Excellent verbaland written communication.
* Ability to workadditional hours on occasion in support of client sales or delivery efforts.
* Ability to travelas needed to meet with clients.
* Travel that can range from 40% - 80% in anygiven week
* Approved office locations include - Charlotte,Atlanta, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Denver,Bellevue
GrantThornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers anextensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visit.
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) isthe U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world'sleading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. GrantThornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 offices acrossthe U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the United Statesand at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly- andprivately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, andcivic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer andindustrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, andtechnology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursuegrowth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, missionfulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equal employmentopportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting,hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are madewithout regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status,veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicablefederal, state or local law.