Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in...
Grant Thornton is collaborative, entrepreneurial andon the move. As part of a dynamic global organization of 47,000 people servingclients in more than 140 countries, we have the agility and focus it takes tobe a leader.
Business Consulting, Operations Transformation Life SciencesSupply Chain Manager
Grant Thornton's Advisoryprofessionals are progressive thinkers who create, protect, and transform valuetoday, so our clients have the opportunity to thrive and grow. Our advisory practice creates holisticsolutions delivered by innovative, curious professionals who bring technicaldepth and industry insight to our clients. The Business Consulting & Technology practice transforms value. Our Business consulting & Technology(BC&T) practice consists of Financial Management, Strategy &Performance Improvement, Technology Strategy & Management and TechnologySolutions. We help our clients achieve business outcomes, transforming theirvalue to become agile, forward-thinking organizations that are ready for thedisruptions in the market that the future will bring. Business ConsultingServices protects value while driving growth. Our Business Consulting Services practice consists of FinanceTransformation, Operations Transformation, Strategy & Transformation,Digital Technology & Management, and Business Applications.
The Supply Chain practice is a rapidly growing practice groupwithin the Operations Transformation Practice that serves clients in multiple industry sectors, e.g.Consumer & Industrial Products, Healthcare, Life Sciences, FinancialServices, etc. The six coresolution offerings include Supply Chain Strategy & Transformation,Integrated Demand & Supply Planning, Strategic Sourcing & Procurement,Supply Chain Operations, Supply Chain Analytics & Visibility, and TaxEffective Supply Chain Management.
The Life Sciences Industry Sector is major focus for GrantThornton that is also growing rapidly and we are hiring experienced supplychain professionals to focus exclusively on this sector.
As a Manager within the Supply Chain Practice for the LifeSciences industry sector, you will help our Life Sciences clients proactivelyshape and implement their overall supply chain strategy and supportinginitiatives. You will assist with thecontinued development of the solutions we offer our clients. Specific to client interaction, you will leadthe delivery of supply chain engagements and work with chief supply chainofficers, chief operating officers, chief financial officers, and other seniorclient leaders to demonstrate your supply chain subject matter expertise as weseek to help them implement supply chain solutions in support of their broadersupply chain strategy and goal of creating value. You will also coach our staff as they work onengagements and progress within the firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Leveragesubject matter expertise and prior consulting experience as it applies to ourcore supply chain solution offerings to lead the delivery of major supply chaintransformation initiatives that will include process improvement,implementation of enabling technology, and organizational redesign for ourclients.
* Performengagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, taskdelegation, project financials, deliverable quality review, and clientmanagement.
* Assistwith the development of solution content, whitepapers, and/or other thoughtleadership material.
* Meetor exceed targeted billing hours (utilization).
* Maintaina good working relationship with clients and work effectively with clientmanagement and staff at all levels to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction,and become a trusted business advisor.
* Communicate(verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with alllevels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives whileportraying knowledge and confidence.
* Lead as a supply chain subjectmatter expert internally and to clients by regularly demonstrating thoughtleadership and creative approaches to solving client issues.
* Buildon client relationships by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks ofclient relationships and industry involvement and communicating our valueproposition.
* Manage and minimize engagementdelivery risk by proactively identifying issues and recommended courses ofremediation to engagement teams.
* Manage,develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance forengagement and year-end reviews.
* Motivateothers to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of theprofessional services delivered.
* Otherduties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Supply ChainManagement or Operations Research, or related field. A Master's degree is strongly preferred.
* 7 plus years of related workexperience in Life Sciences is preferred with a minimum of 2 years in asimilar consulting practice providing supply chain services.
* Experience with Industry 4.0Capability Networks.
* Multiple instances of clientproject delivery experience in at least 3 of these areas:
* Supply Chain Strategy &Transformation
* Integrated Demand & SupplyPlanning
* Strategic Sourcing &Procurement
* Supply Chain Operations
* Supply Chain Analytics &Visibility
* Prior implementation experience inLife Sciences in several of these areas is preferred:
* Condition Based Maintenance
* Predictive & Adaptive ProcessControl
* Process Analytic Technology (PAT)
* Statistical Process Control
* Quality & Compliance
* Electric Batch Records
* Digital Recipe & PerformanceManagement
* Technical Digitization
* Automation & Robotics
* Smart Glasses & VirtualReality
* AIV & Smart Transportation
* Supplychain related project experience involving the implementation of AI, IoT, RPA,Blockchain, or Machine Learning.
* Priorimplementation experience with other supply chain systems (Oracle Supply ChainCloud, ToolsGroup, JDA, Infor, Llamasoft, Ariba, Basware, Coupa, Logility,Arkieva, Kinaxis, NCR, Elementum, etc.)
* Priorexperience with large scale supply chain transformation projects that were partof a broader ERP project.
* Supplychain certifications such as APICS CSCP.
* SixSigma certifications preferred, e.g. Green Belt or Black Belt.
* Proficientdata analytics and modeling skills.
* Experiencewith Tableau, Power BI, or other similar analytics tools and SQL.
* Excellentverbal and written communication.
* Abilityto work additional hours on occasion in support of client sales or deliveryefforts.
* Abilityto travel as needed to meet with clients.
* Travel can range from 40% - 80% inany given week
* Approved office locations include- Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington DC/Arlington, Philadelphia, New York, Boston,Chicago
Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture ofhealth and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individuallifestyles. For a complete list ofbenefits, please visit .
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (GrantThornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one ofthe world's leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms.Grant Thornton has revenues in excess of $1.7 billion and operates 59 officesacross the U.S., with more than 590 partners and 8,500 employees in the UnitedStates and at our Shared Services Center in Bangalore, India.
Grant Thornton works with a broad range of publicly-and privately-held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, andcivic and religious organizations. Core industries served include consumer andindustrial products, financial services, not-for-profit, private equity, andtechnology. Grant Thornton focuses on serving dynamic organizations that pursuegrowth holistically - whether through revenue improvement, leadership, missionfulfillment or innovation.
It is Grant Thornton's policy to promote equalemployment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limitedto, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits andtermination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, nationalorigin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenshipstatus, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected byapplicable federal, state or local law.