This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Sec...
This position is located in the Department of Health And Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of Acquisition Business Systems, located in Washington DC, District of Columbia.
Additional selections may be made across the Department of Health and Human Services through this vacancy announcement.
Current permanent employees of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and CTAP Eligibles
Learn more about this agency
* Serve as expert analyst for technical aspects of acquisition transformation, involving emerging technologies such as blockchain, artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, machine learning.
* Provide strategic analyses, business case analyses, key performance indicators executive assessments and compliance reports.
* Represent the agency on interagency work groups established to develop government-wide IT policy initiatives and solutions to critical issues.
### Travel Required
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
##### Supervisory status
##### Promotion Potential
* #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
### Conditions of Employment
* U.S. Citizenship required
* Registered or exempt from Selective Service ()
* If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
* Must meet time in grade requirements.
* One year probationary period may be required
* If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System.
* All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
* Financial disclosure statement may be required.
* Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses may be paid: Yes
* Bargaining Unit Position: No
* Drug Screening Required: No
* Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
* Student loan repayment incentive may be authorized: No
* Annual leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
**GS-15**: At least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the **GS-14** level in the Federal service that included experience such as:
* Managing and directing the execution of acquisition technology transformation programs.
* Providing expert advice and guidance in planning, solicitation, source selection, negotiation regarding procurement management.
* Establish policies and guidelines to ensure appropriate application and implementation of architectural and technical standards.
**Possess IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies as defined:
1) Attention to Detail - being thorough when conducting structured analysis of information resource management plans and strategies
2) Customer Service - monitoring and adjusting systems performance and ensuring compliance with security programs
3) Oral Communication - expressing highly technical information relating to information technology capabilities and limitation (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information;
4) Problem Solving - identifying and analyzing issues, problems, and challenges facing IT security systems devising solutions.**
**Documenting experience:**In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the "percentage of times" the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
**NOTE**: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through national Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to gain employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. If such experience is on a part-time basis, you must provide the average number of hours worked per week as well as the beginning and ending dates of the experience so it can be fully credited.
**Time-in-Grade Requirement:** Under competitive merit promotion procedures, any individual who is currently holding, or who has held within the previous 52 weeks, a General Schedule position under non-temporary appointment in the competitive or excepted service, must meet "time-in-grade" requirements (have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade of the grade for which you are applying). You must include an SF-50 (you may need to submit more than one) that supports meeting this requirement with your application package.
**All qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of closing date of the announcement.**
### Additional information
**Reasonable Accommodation:**This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please see Agency Contact Information for whom to contact for more info. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. You must contact the HR contact on the vacancy announcement at least three business days before the closing date of this announcement to receive assistance. For more information on disability employment, please visit
**Selective Service:** Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service -
**Career Transition Program:** This program applies to Federal service employees whose positions have been deemed surplus or no longer needed, or employees who have been involuntarily separated from a Federal service position within the competitive service. To receive selection priority for this position, you must: 1) meet eligibility criteria for CTAP; 2) be rated well-qualified for the position; and 3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your CTAP eligibility. Well-Qualified includes those applicants whose knowledge, skills, and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position. For information on eligibility criteria and required documentation, go to:
**Political Appointment:** Beginning January 1, 2010, agencies must seek prior approval from OPM before they can appoint a current or recent **political appointee**to a competitive or non-political excepted service position at any level under the provisions of title 5, United States Code. If you are currently or have been within the last 5 years, a political Schedule A, Schedule C, or Non-career SES employee in the executive branch, you **MUST**disclose that to the Human Resources Office.
If you are unable to apply online, please go to for more information on our alternate application method.
### How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
**For Competitive Merit Promotion Applicants:**The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
**For Noncompetitive Applicants:**All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
* Information Management
* Oral Communication
* Technology Awareness
To preview the assessment questionnaire, click the following link:
..... click apply for full job details